Unable to install 1Password Safari Extension under Yosemite

Options
aramburo
aramburo
Community Member

I have not been able to use 1Password Extension with Safari since OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1 update. Now that I am using 1Password 5 (with the latest fix) and Mac OS X Yosemite, I am still unable to add agilebits extension to Safari. I've also tried emailing to support multiple times with NO response at all. Please help. Extensions/add-ons work with Chrome/Firefox.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aramburo‌,

Since the release of 1Password 5, we our inflows have been high, hence our response time has increased. We're working hard to get caught up on our email and appreciate your patience.

Please make sure that you installed the 1Password Safari extension from here then please go in Safari's Preferences > Extensions and enable the 1Password Extension

Please let me know if this is of any help for you.

Cheers!

Rad

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rad......
    The problem with that screenshot is that the 1Password Extension doesn't even show (on 2 different computers). When I download the extension and select it (double-click, Open) it never Prompts me to accept the installation therefore it never shows in the Properties/Extension tab. I tried different downloads in different days to ensure the latest extension is applied.
    I must add that I clear cache/history and re-start safari and the computer to make sure that this wasn't an issue.......
    Again, Safari is the only browser with this problem.
    Thank you.....

• BrianWest
    BrianWest
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Is 4.2.4 the most current version of the browser extension?

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BrianWest‌,

Yes, the latest stable version of the Safari Extension is indeed 4.2.4.

@aramburo‌, please try and reboot your Macs on which you don't seem to be able to install the extension and try installing it again.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best,

Rad

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aramburo‌,

That's awesome! I'm very happy to hear that you've sorted it all out :+1:

Thank you for the confirmation!

Rad

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Rad but "Yes" was intended for BrianWest.... The extension I am trying to install is 4.2.4. This problem has been happening since Mavericks 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1 update so many reboots have happened. This is still an issue (for TWO different Mac machines). Please help....

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aramburo‌,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding from my previous reply.

It seems that your issue is more complicated that we first thought. Please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac(s) with the problem, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com.  A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you.

Thanks in advance!

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Great. It should be there by the end of the day today...... (not at the computers in question now). Thank you...

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rad. Diagnostics Report should be there already......

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

FYI... Attached image from Safari current Extension status...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aramburo,

Thanks for sending the diagnostics report. I found your email in our system, and I noticed you've contacted us about this a few times over the past month. Someone here replied to you on September 29, and another replied to a different email on October 6. We never heard back from you, so I'm guessing you didn't receive our responses? If not, please make sure to check any spam filter or junk folder in case our emails are being caught there.

Someone will reply to your latest email soon, but please let us know if you're not receiving any of our responses. Thanks!

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG, I have not received any of the replies you mentioned before. I even check my spam folder often but I guess "I could have missed it". On the other hand, 4 emails I sent and 2 different emails addresses I used???? Could the filtering be happening in your end? Just a thought. I will be looking closely for the new email. If I see nothing within the next 24 hours (unless you think it may take a little longer for an answer) I will post a note here. Thank you very much for your help.

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aramburo‌,

I just replied to your email with some steps I'd like you to take. Let us know here if you don't receive it though.

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Well, well, well.... First things first, the email was received. Secondly, someone was ahead of all of us and put out there a new extension version 4.2.5 which worked flawlesly in both my iMacs so I didn't have to go through all the steps described by Andrew in the email (I will keep them in my toolbox for the future...). Thank you all very much for your help......

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to include snapshot.....

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @aramburo‌,

This is great news indeed! I'm really happy that you've sorted it all out :smiley:

On behalf of Andrew, Thank you!

Best,

Rad

This discussion has been closed.