1Password is damaged, cannot open it

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: "1Password 4" is damaged and can't be opened.

Comments

• bjgoldstein
    bjgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem. I have 1Password 4 on my iMac (10.9.5) and the application stopped opening.

As troubleshooting I deleted 1Password from my Applications folder, downloaded a fresh copy of 1Password 4.4.3 from the agilebits download page. When I double click on 1Password I keep getting the error ""1Password 4" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I verified that in System Preferences > Security and Privacy settings allow 'Mac App Store and identified developers' is selected. Same error.

Please help!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@bjgoldstein‌

What OS are you on ?

Just in case you are on Yosemite you would need to use 1Password 5 instead ?

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @bjgoldstein‌,

I can't reproduce it on Mavericks with the 1Password 4.4.3 zip file. Which browser are you using?

Have you try rebooting your OS X and try again? It might help.

• bjgoldstein
    bjgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌ As I wrote in my original posting, my OS is 10.9.5.
    @MikeT‌ The issue is not browser related, I am trying to open the 1P standalone app. Yes, I've restarted my Mac several times, re-downloaded a clean copy of 1P and attempted several times. Same issue.

Can someone help?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bjgoldstein‌

I apologize for the confusion here. We understand that you're not seeing a problem in the browser, but we're wondering if the browser that you are using might be somehow damaging the download.

Could you please try downloading the file from a different browser and see if that works any better?

• Hi @bjgoldstein‌,

I have an idea. If a different browser doesn't fix the problem, it might be your GateKepper's setting. Can you tell me what you've checked for Allow apps downloaded from in your System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.

If it is set to Mac App Store, OS X is preventing you from using downloaded apps that did not come from the Mac App Store. Try changing it to Mac App Store and identified developers and see if that works.

• bjgoldstein
    bjgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT‌ @Megan‌ Thank you both for your responses. Gatekeeper was the issue. I changed the selection from Mac App Store only to Mac App Store and identified developers but for some reason it wouldn't stick. I would exit System Preferences, come back and Mac App Store only was selected. This happened multiple times (unlock, change, relock). So I tried changing Gatekeeper to Anywhere, which worked. 1Password now opens.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi @bjgoldstein‌,

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.

I'd suggest doing a disk repair permission in the Disk Utility app to see if that'd help with the sticky issue, it sounds like you don't have proper permissions.

This discussion has been closed.