Not able to access vault after restoring iPhone

gordonh
gordonh
Community Member
  • Is this bug reproducible? Not exactly sure.
  • Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices? This has happened to me when I restored my iPhone 5 backup to my iPhone 6 plus.
  • A quick summary of the bug: When I got my iphone 6 plus I restored my backup from my iphone 5. Because 1password was not in the app store it didn't restore automatically. I then installed 1password beta and then there was no passwords. I then tried to sync 1password with my test value from dropbox and my test value is greyed out. When I touch it I get the error "Value Exists: This vault exists on your iPhone" I then have not way to get this this value.
  • Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it: I am not sure but I am guessing that doing a restore will do it. But I think this problem will only exist on beta versions but it may be able to replicate from version from the app store it something happens during the restore.

Comments

• Hi @gordonh,

Was your backup encrypted?

We are tracking down an issue where restoring from an iTunes backups would also restore some settings, settings that would confuse 1Password into thinking a vault already exist.

If you reset the data in the app via Settings > Advanced and open 1Password again to sync with your data, it should then work because it would remove these settings.

Please let me know if it does.

This discussion has been closed.