Restoring data to iOS from a backup [Resolved]

Options
arlam
arlam
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi, i have a problem with the app version 4.5.3.
I delete the app from my iphone by mistake...after that i download it again but i can't find my data.
Any idea about that?
Also i never sync the app with nothing.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @arlam‌

1Password data is by default stored only within the app, so erasing the app erases the data. To avoid data loss please set up syncing or make a backup prior to deleting the app.

Thanks!

Ben

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

I find an old back up...how is it possible to restore it to the app?

• Ben
    Options

You can learn about backing up and restoring here:

Thanks!

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.
    I follow the steps to restoring a manual backup...but i have a problem. when i go to iPhone at Settings -> Advanced i can't find the option restore from backup.

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea @bwoodruff‌ ?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2014
    Options

@arlam‌

Which version of 1Password do you currently have installed? You should have v5.1 in order to restore the backup.

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password version is 4.5.3 and my iPhone OS 7.1

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arlam,

Unfortunately there is no restore backup option in v4.5.3.

• Are you able to upgrade your iOS device to iOS 8?
    • Do you have access to a Mac computer? (We might be able to restore this backup to 1Password on a Mac.)
  • arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌
    My iPhone not support iOS8 but i have a mac!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arlam,

Ok, thanks for confirming that! I just need a bit more detail about this backup - where did you find it, what format is it in? If this is an iTunes backup, please make sure that you do nothing at all with iTunes and leave it be for now, or you could risk losing that backup (it's a bit finicky!)

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

I make this back up via app at august 2013 with the old version of 1password and i find the file from a time machine backup.
    The extension is .1ptbackup

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Also i download 1Password 5 for Mac but still i can't import the old back up..it doesn't support .1ptbackup.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks @arlam. Unfortunately .1ptbackup files can only be read by 1Password 3 for iOS, so what we'd have to do here is have you install 1Password 3 for iOS alongside v4 and restore the backup there.

You can find instructions on installing v3 here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

You can find instructions on restoring the backup here: https://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

Once you've gotten that done you can import into v4 by launching v3 (may have to restart the device first).

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Everything ok...but i can't move the data from v3 to v4.
    I saw all my data at v3 app but i can't import the data to v4 app.
    May i make a mistake??

• Good afternoon @arlam, glad to hear that you got your data back from the 1Password backup. Check out this video that shows how to import your data into 1Password 4 from 1Password 3: http://i.agilebits.com/cdj/video/tutorial/import-1P3-1P4-iPhone.mov

If you need any other help just let us know, we'll help you get sorted out.

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

I find a problem...when I open v4 and I choose "import from v3" they take me to v3 app but the banner to select transfer data from v3 is missing! I restart my device but the problem sti there,

• Good afternoon @arlam. What most likely happened is that at some point in the past you saw the dialog we're expecting and you tapped Do not ask again, which is why you're not seeing it anymore. The only way to solve this is to backup your 1Password 3 data to your computer, delete 1Password 3 from your phone, reinstall 1Password 3, restore your backup and run the importer again.

You can find instructions for doing the backup and restore here: https://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

Let me know how this works out.

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

All ok...but the problem now is when in v3 select "Import into new 1Password" and open the v4 i must type a password...and the app stack there !

• Good morning @arlam. It sounds like we're making progress, which is GREAT. I'm not sure why 1Password would be hanging here. What happens if you double click the home button and swipe 1Password off the top off the screen and launch it again? Is your old data there when you unlock your vault?

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

The v4 app hanging there... v4 is empty it hasn't any data.
    Data is in the v3 app.

My steps
    I open v4 -> user 1password -> import from version v3 -> open 1PASSWORD V3
    transfer me on v3 app
    i input the 4digit unlock code in v3 -> Import into new password -> select fro the popup "Open in 1password"
    transfer me on v4 app

now i must type a code...which code i type?? :neutral_face:

• Good morning @arlam‌. Have you created a new vault in 1Password 4 yet? If so then you should use the Master Password you setup there. If you haven't created a new vault in 1Password 4 then I suggest doing so and setting it up with the same Master Password you're using in version 3. Once that's done then you should try triggering the import from version 3 again.

• arlam
    arlam
    Community Member
    Options

Everything ok...thanks a lot all of you! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arlam,

I'm so glad to hear that everything's ok now! Thanks for your patience as we worked through this.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.