Can I change the name of the Field that username or password goes into? (Web Form Details)

Options
JC54
JC54
Community Member

A lot of websites I use have changed their page design and some items do not fill anymore. It looks like they have changed from (for example) USERNAME to USER ID, so 1Password leaves it blank. Or in credit card forms, they've changed the field for the 3-digit verification number to something else and it doesn't fill. Is there not some way to manually edit the web form details to correct this?

I've tried manually saving new versions of the items in 1P, but it's a pain to fill in all the other info I've got saved on the 1P item. Also, some sites substitute asterisks for some characters in the name and password and it gets saved that way on the new login. I have to manually copy and paste all the fields over to the new 1P item after creating it.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JC54‌ I haven't tried it myself but if you edit a login item and then click on the show web form details button then it certainly seems like you can edit the field name. Hope it works out for you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

In that sort of circumstance, I would try saving the login manually. Directions are here.

• Hi @JC54,

At the moment, the best way for 1Password to analyze the site's changes is to save the Login again manually like hawkmoth suggested.

You can edit the field names in the webform details if you edit the Login item and click on Show web form details but it may not be accurate enough. We save a lot of raw details that explain what kind of input field, its path, and so on when you do a manual save.

This discussion has been closed.