Feature Request: update login when "remember me" site's checkbox has been enabled

This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: update login when "remember me" clicked.

Comments

• Yes I would like this very much as well (I actually came to the forum looking for a way to do this manually but it sounds even harder than I envisioned).

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @safercracker823456‌,

If you want to update your Login, you can do this by saving the Login manually on the Login page. Make sure the checkbox is checked before you select the option to save a new Login.

If the newer item works better, you can then delete the older one.

• safercracker823456
    safercracker823456
    Community Member

I tried but didn't see that option, perhaps because I am using 3.9.21.90? (can't upgrade to 4 because can't use 10.8 afaik)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @safercracker823456‌

You can save a new Login manually in 1Password 3 as well. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member

I assume that "Remember me" save the logon credentials in the browser history thus less secure. I am assuming that is not a good thing so I turned off that browser feature.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @justanotherokie,

"Remember me" typically uses cookies; disabling/deleting your browser history (for previously visited pages) won't prevent their usage. As Remember-Me Authentication (Spring IO site) simply explains it:

Remember-me or persistent-login authentication refers to web sites being able to remember the identity of a principal between sessions. This is typically accomplished by sending a cookie to the browser, with the cookie being detected during future sessions and causing automated login to take place.

This discussion has been closed.