Backups: I have backups but 1P doesn't show them in the Backups view [fix: use default time setting]

Options
crz
crz
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

hi

i updated to 1pw5 and cant see my backups under 1pw -> settings -> backups. when i click show files i can see the backups but i am not able to restore from a backup.

i am not sure wheter the backups were available with a previous version or not

thanks

Comments

• Hi @crz,

Can you try again but wait a few minutes for it to locate the backups. We probably should put a loading process indictor on that view to explain we're scanning for the files.

If that didn't do anything, please email us your diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread. Let me know when you do, so I can find the report, and follow up with you.

Thanks!

• crz
    crz
    Community Member
    Options

hi MikeT

thanks for your response, just emailed the report.

when i click "show files" a finder window with all my backups opens (so 1pw finds the backups) but there are no backups in settings -> backups visible.
    i helped my father yesterday with installing yosemite on his mac and saw that there are backups visible in the settings window, i never paid attention to this before.

thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crz,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: IUV-52543-543

• crz
    crz
    Community Member
    Options

hi

eva from the agile support has solved my problem, i have changed the time format from 24 (for my region) to 12 hours in the settings, here is the solution

"One option is to change the file name from 9:02:05 nachm. to 09_02_05 and that backup will display in Preferences/Backup.

Alternatively, you can go to System Preferences->Languages & Region and select Advanced. Go to the Times tab and restore the defaults and that will also fix your issue."

thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Howdy, @crz.

Thanks for letting us know that Eva's suggestion for adjusting the time format helped resolve your "invisible backups" problem. We've also got a bug filed about 1Password being unable to read backups created with non-default system time settings. Ensuring that the filenames are always created with a standard format independent of time settings, also making them reliably readable regardless of those settings, might be how this will be fixed. It's now in the hands of our developers to solve however they choose. :)

ref: OPM-2513

This discussion has been closed.