Version mismatch - syncing 1Password version 3 and 4

Options
philmguy
philmguy
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion, Version 10.8.5, and using 1Password 4, Version 4.4.3. I also want to set up 1Password on a Mac Air running Lion, Version 10.7.5. I've installed 1Password Version 3.8.22 on the Mac Air, but it won't recognize the data file from the Mac Pro because it's a newer version. I don't particularly want to upgrade both computers to Yosemite. Is there some way to reconcile this aside from buying a version of Mountain Lion and installing it on the Mac Air?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @philmguy,

There are a few ways you might go about this, none which will require additional license purchases. I think the easiest would be to configure Dropbox syncing in both versions of 1Password, which will also be convenient if you want to continue syncing/sharing your data between them. To do that, start by configuring it on your MacBook Pro that's running 1Password 4.4.3:

Syncing using Dropbox

Since you've already installed 1Password 3.8.22 on your MacBook Air, configure Dropbox there and select the Agile Keychain vault as your Data File:

How To: Configure Dropbox Syncing | 1Password 3 User Guide

That should do it. Let us know if you get stuck, and where, or would prefer to do this some way and we'll be happy to help. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.