HELP PLEASE

Options
joeeyo
joeeyo
Community Member

Ok, trying to set up Dropbox sync from 1Password from my iPhone. Version 3.7.2. When I enter my Dropbox email and password, it says incorrect email or password error(null) yet when I go to my MAC and use the same login information, no problem at all?!?!

Please help ASAP, need this information on new phone

SO MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox syncing no longer works for version 3.x of the iOS application. Dropbox changed their API about a year ago and broke 1Password syncing. Version3 syncing still works from the Mac version, which would explain your experience. (I don't know what error message comes if you do try to sync from version 3 on iOS, though.)

I would guess that your iPhone hasn't synced correctly for quite awhile. You will need to update to version 4 if you are on iOS 7 or version 5 if you're on iOS 8.

• Ben
    Options

(I don't know what error message comes if you do try to sync from version 3 on iOS, though.)

This one:

incorrect email or password error(null)

:)

@joeeyo‌

You can read more about the different versions of 1Password for iOS here:

As you can see 1Password 3 for iOS was discontinued quite a while ago, and as Hawkmoth mentioned to continue syncing with Dropbox you'd need a newer version:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

Note that this is a paid upgrade.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.