1Password crashing on iPhone 6+ when adding a new custom field

Options
swanz
swanz
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Just bought pro version. I'm using iPhone 6+ and iOS 8 and I'm having these problems.

1. Everytime I try to add a new field within the bank account category the app crashes.
  2. Can't delete fields, it restores them after saving and exiting app.
  3. The app deletes random completed fields like urls
  4. Not able to make additional vaults.

I have deleted app and restored from backup. At the moment I feel totally cheated as the app is unusable.

Help

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @swanz,

I'm sorry about the crashes. We're hearing from a small number of iPhone 6+ users saying that adding a new custom field would crash the app but we can't seem to reproduce it on our side nor were they reproducible on other devices.

Can you tell me if it crashes if you were adding a URL or password field but not the Text field?

• swanz
    swanz
    Community Member
    Options

The app crashes if I try to add any field to a any category. The only possible way I have found to add a field, is to add a section first then immediately delete it. Once the entry is complete and I have pressed done, if I want to edit the entry then I have to repeat the above process.

Also, preset fields within categorys return after being deleted.

Still not able to add multiple vaults.

• Hi @swanz,

Since you sent me a PM about the crash report, I'll follow up there because we do need to see your crash reports to see what's going on. We cannot reproduce this on our iPhone 6 Plus, so it seems like there's something specific about your device that's different from our devices. If we can figure it out, we can try to fix this in the next update.

• mhaerb
    mhaerb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue and can produce as many crash reports as you like. Last crash report send to you at 15.10.2014 16:17 (CEST).

regards
    Michael

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mhaerb,

Thanks so much for sending in the crash reports! Our developers are looking into this, and we'll do what we can to have this all fixed up just as soon as possible. :)

• Roger Kanemaru
    Roger Kanemaru
    Community Member
    Options

Do you know when this will be fixed? I'm having the same issue. And not sure if it's part of this same issue, but I noticed that some categories, you can't add new field, but you can add new section? Like category- Passwords.

• Ben
    Options

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Unfortunately not. It is on the to-do list.

And not sure if it's part of this same issue, but I noticed that some categories, you can't add new field, but you can add new section? Like category- Passwords.

For the Passwords category this is likely intentional. That category is intended to be a historical representation of the passwords you've generated, as a backup of sorts. It isn't really intended to be edited (though we have not explicitly made it read-only).

This discussion has been closed.