Sync issue wiht iPad Air2 using Dropbox

Options
JayKapp232
JayKapp232
Community Member

I just transferred data from an iPad 4 to an iPad Air2. I have been using Dropbox to sync between my iPad, iPhone and two Macs for years. When I went to set up the sync service using Dropbox on the new iPad and after I select the file in Dropbox, there is a message saying "Please wait. Downloading encryption keys. This process appears to hand because goes on for a very long time until I cancel it.
I can do a WiFi sync, and dropbox sync works on my iPhone 6 so I am stumped about the cause and how to fix it. I am using 1Password 4 on the iMac and MacBook Pro and the latest updates for my IOS devices.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• mrx9
    mrx9
    Community Member
    Options

I had a few issues getting it all working, but ensure you have back ups on the Mac, remove Dropbox and 1Password from the iPad, turn off and on iPad, reinstall Dropbox, then 1Password.

Hope this helps.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @mrx9! This is a solid troubleshooting step, but of course making sure you have your data stored somewhere other than the iPad first is critical, as these steps will remove all 1Password data from the iPad.

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

This discussion has been closed.