Old IOS Version available?

Options
howiep
howiep
Community Member

Updated my MBP and iMac to Yosemite. Updated to new 1PW in both. They sync ok. Updated my iPhone4 to 1PW IOS 5. Seemed to work, but wouldn't sync. Then realized that 1PW IOS 5 needs iPhone IOS 8 and the iPhone4 only goes to iPhone IOS 7. How do I get back to 1PW IOS 4?

Comments

• howiep
    howiep
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the article. I have made all of my purchases from Agile, so none of their products appear on the App Store. The new 1PW IOS seems to work on my IP4, so do I even have to go back at all?

• spectral
    spectral
    Community Member
    Options

Been caught out in a crappy situation. I have a client with 2 devices still on iOS 7.12 and will NOT be updating to iOS 8.1 or Yosemite as devices run too slow. They cannot buy 1password and they have a 1password 4 licence but cannot get an iOS version now as will not allow you to purchase on an iOS 7.1.2 device or in iTunes App Store on Mavericks. just a bit of a ridiculous that they want to buy an app and can't.

• p99
    p99
    Community Member
    Options

just switched from lastpass to 1 password. how do i get the ios app for my iphone 4?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@howiep‌

The iOS app was never sold by AgileBit's directly, it has always been sold thru the app store. Apple manages that store and only allows developers to distribute thru it.

AFAIK The guide above is the only way to get the app back. It must have been purchased by you at sometime in the past.

This is the same way I get my prior purchase for reinstall on my older iPhones which I pass down to my children.

• spectral
    spectral
    Community Member
    Options

ok worked it out, bought app on Yosemite machine and downloaded old version.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Is that being allowed now ? I didn't know that. Nice addition @spectral . But just so I am clear you purchased 1Password 5 for iOS and it allowed a different version for download ? I am wanting to make sure you are not talking about the Mac app. I know that is a possibility.

This is great news. It should help quite a few people in this situation.

• howiep
    howiep
    Community Member
    Options

How did you "download old version" on your Yosemite machine?

• howiep
    howiep
    Community Member
    Options

Just solved the problem!! Found 1PW IOS 4.5.3 on a Time Machine b/u. Installed it in iTunes on my MBP. Hit the install button. Synced app to my iPH 4 and then DropBox synced. All 315 items downloaded!!!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you found a solution. :)

This discussion has been closed.