Can´t enter license key [Moved to email]

Options
HrOnsdag
HrOnsdag
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I purchased the program some time ago, but haven´t used it.
Now I want to start using it, and I asked to get my license key resent. In the email with the key it says that I need to click "help" and "enter license key" to register, but this isn´t an option under "help"...

So how do I register my key?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@HrOnsdag‌

Its under the 1Password menu item. If you are on version 4 or 5. They use a file instead of a key. If you need a key you may have version 3. When you get their , just determine what you need. The email may do all the work especially if its one of the ones to allow you to automatically register the license.

If you need any license resent to you you can do so automatically thru the self service section of the website. Resend my license information Especially useful at times. Most users actually make a software item inside 1Password and store the info in it as well.

• HrOnsdag
    HrOnsdag
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I found that, but assumed I needed to enter the key as it said so in the mail (I used the "resend my license information"). :)

I have version 5, but what file should I use? No such thing in the mail I received (just a link to the download page)...

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Use the version 4 license key. If you see that one its identical in version 5. Does your email not look like this ? Basically the easiest way is to download and run it. Then bring back up the email and click the register link. Its my way of doing it.

• HrOnsdag
    HrOnsdag
    Community Member
    Options

I think I found the "error".

When I bought the license I was still using windows so the license I have is for a windows computer...

Do I have to buy a new license or is there a way to get it to work anyway? I still have one computer running Windows 7 besides a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 5S.

The mail I got looks almost like your picture, but it says 1Password for Windows and where it says "name" in yours it says "key" in mine (and the license key listed). The "Register" link is not included in my mail.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Ah,

In that case it best to email support and see what they can do for you. They maybe able to give you upgrade / cross grade information. That I would not have.

Make sure to include a link to this topic in your email so they can connect the dots. They usually try to look at emails used for your profile here and try and use it to reference to the email received. If you use something different its best to include the other email. Especially if a different one was used to purchase the license.

support@agilebits.com

• HrOnsdag
    HrOnsdag
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks!

Mail sent. :smile:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HrOnsdag‌

Thanks for emailing in! I've located your message in our system and sent you a reply directly. We'll keep this conversation going directly via email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.