Folders not syncing over icloud [Confirmed, will be fixed in the upcoming 1P 5.1.1 update]

Options
ngordonmd
ngordonmd
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

When I create a new folder on my mac in 1password 5 and place items in the new folder, the folder does not sync to my iphone over icloud. The new item that I create does sync, but it does not show up in the correct folder. I am running the newest version on ios 8.1 and the MAS version on OSX Yosemite. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ngordonmd‌

This is a known issue. The items are actually in the folders, they just are not visible due to a UI glitch. Creating a new folder as a sub-folder within the iOS app for each folder whose contents you'd like to view appears to be the only workaround until we are able to get an update pushed.

Thanks.

• ngordonmd
    ngordonmd
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks. I guess for now I will just use the wifi sync as that seems to work fine.

• Sorry for the trouble @ngordonmd‌, we've got a fix for this one in 1Password 5.1.1, which should be coming out soon.

• stephen-m
    stephen-m
    Community Member
    Options

The title says it all. Login items seem to be syncing fine—proper number of items on both iMac and iPhone—but all my folders are empty on the iPhone. Syncing through iCloud.

• Hi @Stephen-m,

I merged your post into this thread as it is the same issue. As MrRooni mentioned, this is a known interface bug that has been fixed in the next update that we're planning to submit to Apple soon.

What you can do now as a workaround, is create an empty folder to force the folders view to refresh and reload the data and that should get the rest of the folders back.

• stephen-m
    stephen-m
    Community Member
    Options

I sync 1Password to my iPhone via iCloud. When I log into 1P on my phone, my user created folders are present, but empty.

Thanks for any information and or help.

OS 10.10 (Yosemite,) iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

• essele
    essele
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have setup some folders within 1P v5.0 on the Mac so I can work more granularly than the basic categories allow, this is all great and works well.

However, when I look at them on my iPhone (syncing using iCloud) the folders do exist, but they are all empty ... so none of the references to the contained items seem to be synced. The actual items are synced ok and are visible within all-items or the categories, but not within the folders!

I've tried removing and re-adding the items to the folders and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Lee.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephen-m and @essele,

Please see @MrRooni's response above - this is a known issue and we'll have a fix version available for you as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.