username plus 2 passwords possible?

Options
hallygally
hallygally
Community Member

Hi,
my bank account asks for a username, a number and a password. In 1password for Mac I can set up a form for this. How can I do it in Android, I don´t find a form for this.

Comments

• Hi @hallygally,

It sounds like you have created a login item on your Mac and are looking to create the same login item on your Android device. 1Password 4 for Android doesn't currently support the creation of custom fields when adding or editing items. Given that limitation, the easiest way to have this same login item on both devices is to enable sync between them. Are you currently syncing your 1Password vault between your Mac and your Android device? Let me know if you need any help getting that set up!

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @mverde,
    it´s the android phone from my wife, however she gots the same bank hence the same proceedure. Any idea?

• Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to create the login item that you want directly within 1Password 4 for Android. You would need to first create this on your Mac and then sync it to your wife's Android device. Is your wife's Android device currently syncing its vault with any other devices?

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

No, this is the only device yet. But I will set up 1password on her mac laptop, so she will be able to sync as you said.
    Not nice, I´m really missing this function.
    She is not using the laptop often, most times my desktop instead. Can I set up another account with 1password for mac?

• If you would prefer to sync everything to your desktop Mac, that is entirely possible with multiple vaults. Using either 1Password 4 or 1Password 5 on your desktop Mac, you can add her vault as a secondary vault to your primary vault. This will also make sharing login items between your two vaults much more convenient. The only sync mechanism that is supported by 1Password on all of our platforms is Dropbox at the moment. Do you have a Dropbox account? Are you already using that account to sync your vault between your devices?

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, I use Dropbox since I got 1P for me. We now added her phone. So, there will be no conflicts known using two vaults even we are using them on different OS? If so, I can update to Yosemite and purchase 1P 5.

• mverde
    edited October 2014
    Options

There shouldn't be any problems combining Mac, iOS, and Android versions of 1Password into a single sync solution. There are a couple of limitations to be aware of though.

1. Although 1Password 5 for Mac and 1Password 5 for iOS both support syncing multiple vaults, 1Password 4 for Android currently only supports syncing to a single vault. This means that you will only be able to sync a single vault between your wife's Android device and your Mac.
    2. 1Password 4 for Android only allows you to create a new sync vault in Dropbox if there isn't a vault already located there.

Given the limitations above, I would recommend that your wife set up her own Dropbox account. Once she has that set up, she can then sync her vault from her device to her new Dropbox account. From here, she will be able to share her .agilekeychain folder in her Dropbox account with your Dropbox account. Finally, after accepting her request to share her .agilekeychain folder with you, you will then be able to add that vault to 1Password on your Mac. From that point on, her vault on her device and on your Mac will sync with each other.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions or would like more detailed instructions on any of these steps.

• robbski
    robbski
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't your bank have an APP? It seems like most things have an app, these days. I have issues logging into my bank account using a browser on my phone, so I just use the bank's app. MUCH easier!

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@robbski this does not solve the initial problem... sure the bank has an app but I use 1p to remember my passwords... The bank app does NOT remind me, you know what I mean? ;-)

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde is there a link to read about two vaults setting up with 1p5 (which I upgraded to today)?

• @hallygally‌ I've added a couple of links to the steps below...

1. Sync your wife's vault to her Dropbox account from her Android device: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-android/4/en/topic/settings-sync
    2. Use the Dropbox app or the Dropbox website to share the 1Password.agilekeychain folder in your wife's Dropbox account with your Dropbox account: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/19
    3. Import your wife's vault into 1Password 5 on your Mac by double-clicking her 1Password.agilekeychain file in your Dropbox folder on your Mac.

Let me know if you need any more information.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde thanks, I let you know. Days are quite busy and there is not much time left for all the things we need to prepare for our long journey.. Do not close the thread in the next days, I come back to you.

• Not a problem. Let me know when you have a chance to try it out.

This discussion has been closed.