1Password 5 shows up as update in AppStore on Mavericks

Options
SirAtilla
SirAtilla
Community Member

I mistakenly let it install but of course it said the app was for Yosemite only AFTER installation. This update needs to be tagged as incompatible with 10.9 and below. Luckily quick time machine restore of 4.X series was an easy fix.

Comments

• Matthew Montgomery
    Matthew Montgomery
    Community Member
    Options

Weird. I'm on Yosemite and I can't find the 1Password 5 update on the App store.

• Shep_TX
    Shep_TX
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto that, Matthew. I was just looking for it.

• Matthew Montgomery
    Matthew Montgomery
    Community Member
    Options

I went to my Purchases and did an Install of 1Password and it installed 1Password 5 actually.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla‌

I apologize for the trouble - you're right, the update to 1Password 5 shouldn't have been visible to you on Mavericks. I tested here, and 1Password 5 correctly showed up under 'Incompatible Updates' in the App Store until I was (finally) upgraded to Yosemite.

I hope that you were able to update to Yosemite and take advantage of the gorgeous new interface in 1Password 5. :)

Hi @Shep_TX‌

Have you since been able to install 1Password 5? If you're still having trouble, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I got the App Store version ages ago, but amy currently suing the web store version under Mavericks. If I go to my purchased items, 1PW shows up, and if I click on it (rather than simply clicking on the Install button) it takes me to a 1PW 5 page

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

Yes I did update to Yosemite and using 1Password 5.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad you could update to Yosemite and 1Password 5, @SirAtilla. I hope both are working well for you!

1Password looks like this under the Purchases tab of App Store on one of my Mavericks systems, @danco, with version 4.4.2 already installed:

Clicking UPDATE brings up this sheet:

Would be clearer if it recognized 4.4.2 is installed and not offer to download it.

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

yeah it didn't operate that way first day - sometimes not good to be early but good now

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear all's good now, @SirAtilla! :)

This discussion has been closed.