I can't find the controls for syncing frequency...

Options
rrnowell
rrnowell
Community Member

I made a change to a password on my laptop and wanted to force a sync or at least know when it would show up on my other devices. I cannot find a Preference to turn on a "Sync now" button on the main 1Password and 1Password mini menus. I also could find no way to control the syncing frequency. If these capabilities are not extant, could they be added as requests for the next update?

I also wanted to ave syncing active for multiple locations: DropBox, iCloud, and some Folders. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about setting it up, and if not can I make it another request?

Thanks for a great product!!!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox should sync as soon as you make a change on your Mac. iCloud sync is not, and can't be controlled, by 1P4 and may take up to 20 minutes at times.

You cannot have multiple sync options set contemporaneously and this is not something AgileBits wants to re-introduce, I believe, because it causes too many problems.

Stephen

• Jason Roper
    Jason Roper
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. You mention above 'may take up to 20minutes". My sync currently shows "Last Synced: an hour ago"!! And the multiple sync options SHOULD be available as, for example, I want seperate vaults for seperate use, so I have a 'work' vault and 'personal' vault but I cant sync them both via icloud as 'only one vault can be synced through icloud' meaning I'm having to sync one through icloud and one through dropbox seperately, which causes confusion because they are BOTH master vaults, (one created on my home mac , one on my work mac because I couldnt create 2 vaults and snyc them both through icloud!!) yet if I update my work one it updates almost immediately, but my personal one through icloud is taking MORE than an hour to sync. (Still not synced yet, while writing this!!)

• Hi @Jason Roper‌,

I'm sorry that sync isn't working as quickly as you (or I) would like. On your Mac, you can force it to re-sync by locking and unlocking the vault. It's quite possible that the changes have been pushed up to iCloud, and that the Mac didn't get notified yet. The same goes for the other device, the one where you made the changes. If for whatever reason it did not push the changes to its sync provider, a lock/unlock will trigger that.

If you're using 1Password 4, then the 20 minute issue may still be at play as we have to wait for the old iCloud system to magically pull data down for us at its leisure. This is one of the major benefits of the new iCloud/CloudKit sync in 1Password 5.

I understand the frustration with only being able to sync a single vault with iCloud. I too would love for it to work for multiple vaults.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.