Feature Request: XKPasswd Forumlas (Diceware generator) [Under consideration]

Options
Bryan Steger
Bryan Steger
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

While it's great to never know most of my passwords, its unavoidable that some passwords need to be memorable for non-browser things I use frequently (like my AppleID, work account, etc...)

I'd love to see 1Password generator support the XKPasswd formula: https://www.xkpasswd.net/

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bryan,

Thanks so much for letting us know you're interested in this! A dice-ware-based password generator is something that we've considered, and I'm happy to add your vote to the existing feature request in our issue tracker.

• Andy McHugh
    Andy McHugh
    Community Member
    Options

I too would really love this as an option within 1Password. I find that when it comes to usability issues, with some sites that disable the clipboard function for the password entry field it's easier to have the kinds of passwords that XKPasswd creates instead of constantly having to eyeball the different letter and number combinations that the stock 1Password app creates for me. If there is a user-land voting system, I would like to encourage this feature. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andy McHugh

I'm happy to add your vote to the issue in our internal tracker! We know there are a lot of users who would love to see this ... me included!

ref: OPM-1482

This discussion has been closed.