Could not find 1Password information on iCloud [Resolved: reset iCloud sync]

Options
MikeT
edited October 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: 10.10 1Password5 iCloud sync not available.

Comments

• Nicolas Martin
    Nicolas Martin
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Having read this thread, I still don't know what to do. I've just bought a Macbook Air and installed the App store version. I also (and first) have it installed on my desktop Mac, and it is synced with iCloud. (It shows under options.) It also shows under iCloud options on the Air, but when I open the full app it says "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud." At that point I'm stumped. Oh, and I'm running Yosemite and 1P 5.0.

• Hi @Nicolas Martin‌,

I've split your post out of the other thread, so we can help you directly as it appears you have an unrelated issue.

Are you also running Yosemite and 1Password on the desktop Mac?

Can you confirm that iCloud is enabled and you're signed in on the Macbook Air? To find out, go to the System Preferences > iCloud, and see if you're signed in. Make sure this is the same iCloud account you're signed into on the desktop Mac.

If yes, try restarting the MacBook Air once more and then open 1Password to see if it can pull from iCloud.

• Nicolas Martin
    Nicolas Martin
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Yes, I also have 1P 5 and Yosemite on the iMac, and rebooting doesn't help. Maybe I should delete 1P entirely and redownload it from the app store.

• Hi @Nicolas Martin‌,

One thing you can do is disable and re-enable the iCloud sync once more on the iMac, see if that'll get iCloud to pick up the data.

• Nicolas Martin
    Nicolas Martin
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

No luck with any of that on the Air. What might I try on the iMac without risking data loss? To be absolutely clear, the iMac has the original 1P data.

• Nicolas Martin
    Nicolas Martin
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

When I sign out of iCloud on the iMac, I'm told that if I continue I will lose notes and other things stored in the cloud. I have no idea if that means the iMac will lose its original data, but I'm not risking that. I'm hardly going to trash my essentials in an attempt to get 1P to work on iCloud.

My best option seems to be to tediously transfer every !P password to Apple's Keychain, which is working on iCloud.

• Hi @Nicolas Martin‌,

I apologize for the confusion. What I meant is disabling the iCloud Sync inside the 1Password app on your iMac, not the iCloud service itself. This does not impact your local 1Password data as it only disable and remove the data on iCloud, your 1Password data has an internal database that's separate from the sync files.

Here's how to proceed on the iMac:

1. Open 1Password, unlock, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync and press Change Syncing. Check the box to delete data from iCloud, this will not delete your local 1Password data, only the 1Password data on iCloud and nothing else. Press Disable Sync and wait a few minutes.
    2. After a few minutes, press the iCloud icon again in 1Password's Sync window and let it sync.

On your Air, log into your OS X account and wait 10-20 minutes to give iCloud a chance to download anything it needs to. Now, open 1Password, select I've used 1Password before > iCloud and see if it will pick up the data now.

• Nicolas Martin
    Nicolas Martin
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Yes, that did work, thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nicolas Martin

I'm so glad to hear that things @MikeT's steps got things working nicely for you!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.