Wi-Fi (sorry) Mac and iOS

Options
Waterford
Waterford
Community Member

Seemingly a perennial topic, sorry for raising it again. Wi-Fi sync fails: the 1P option under iOS for wi-fi shows me a refresh list button, but I can't see the home mac when I hit, Refresh List. Yes, the iPhone 5s and Mac are both on the same network. Both are running the latest versions of Apple OS X and iOS. I am running the latest versions of 1P on both devices. I have tried syncing on two different networks, with both machines on the same network. Yes, I have hard started the iPhone and restarted the Mac.
Any suggestions?
~W

Comments

• @Waterford, we recently found and fixed a problem where computers with names longer than 25 characters prevent Wi-Fi sync from working properly. Try changing your Mac's name to something shorter, rebooting, and then setting up syncing again.

Let me know how that works for you and if there's anything else we can do to help.

• Waterford
    Waterford
    Community Member
    Options

Computer name is 17 characters long. Nevertheless, I shortened it a bit. Did not resolve the issue. I may be forced to sync via iCloud despite my reservations about the "cloud" and security. Thanks for the reply. ~W

• Waterford
    Waterford
    Community Member
    Options

Resolved. I shortened the name again. Not sure what is going on there. I also noticed the sync "hanging" a bit. For instance, notation would read "syncing 21/21 items." Typically, one would then see "sync completed." However, I had to sync several times before getting the acknowledgement. For what it is worth...

I very much appreciate the 1P staff answering our support questions. Their task is Sisyphean. Thank you.

~W

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.