Drag handle for 1Password 5 window under Yosemite is too big

Options
mrmachine
mrmachine
Community Member

It's basically the whole app. Every time I try to click on the app just to select it as the active app (so I can use a keyboard shortcut or something) I end up moving the app window, which is very annoying.

A click on an inactive window should just select it as the active window, not actually send the click to the app. For example, in Safari where I am typing this message, I can click on the desktop to select Finder as the active app, then I can click (and even drag) all around in this text field, and no text gets selected, but Safari becomes the active app again.

Also, even with things like text input fields (the search field), it is acting as a drag handle depending on where in the search field you click. Text input fields should never be drag handles, and in fact only the top area of the window (where the title bar should be) should be a drag handle.

And on that note, the choice to use the no-title-bar style of Window for 1Password and the loss of any kind of toolbar has other implications besides drag handles. The "+" button for adding a new item (a very important action) has now been reduced to a barely visible ultra thin plus in a square button at the very bottom of the window, inside the selected item's window pane and next to the edit button for the selected item. This doesn't make any sense at all. A button in that location should perform an action on the selected item. It took me a while to even find this button, and at first I thought the only way to create a new item was to use the menu, a keyboard shortcut, or a right click.

So in short, please use the normal window style for 1Password, with a title bar and an easy to use drag handle, and a toolbar for things like the search field, "+" button and selected vault.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrmachine,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such detailed feedback here! I'll pass your thoughts along to our developers.

This discussion has been closed.