A slightly new twist to failing autosubmits

Options
aarvidsson
aarvidsson
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hey all,
I'm using 1Password 4.4 (Mac App Store), and as of today I can no longer auto submit passwords in Chrome 34.0.1847.131 on Mavericks 10.9.2. What happens is that the text is put in the relevant fields, but when I used to get a submit, I now get a dialog stating

"The file "1Password_Autosubmit.scpt" couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it."

This was both with and without said script installed. I've got all the permissions in the world on this file, but no joy.

I've tried:

• Unchecking "animate form entry" - no help.

• Reinstalling the browser extensions - no help.

• Installing the helper script above - no help.

• Rebooted, restarted 1Password and Chrome - no help.

• Checked and fixed permissions on the disk - no help.

Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @aarvidsson,

Please give this a try:

• Open 1Password, click the 1Password in the OS X menu bar, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Open the Finder.
    • Select the Go menu, then Go to Folder.
    • Copy and paste this path into the prompt: ~/Library/Application Scripts/
    • Click the Go button.
    • Delete the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder.
    • Restart the Mac.

The follow instructions on this page for downloading the Zip file for the Install Autosubmit installer and running it:

MAS version fails to submit filled forms

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• aarvidsson
    aarvidsson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper,

Well, I can't install said package due to the same error as everyone else: "You cannot install 1Password Autosubmit in this location..."

That said, I restarted the mac and autosubmit does work. I'll report back if (when?) it breaks again :P Thanks for the help!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working now. :)

Please do report back if you have any more trouble.

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Yesterday I tried the fix (deleted my files, restarted the Mac and installed the .pkg). Long story short, it is still happening for me. :(

• Hi @patte‌,

Could you give us the exact error you're seeing? It will give us a better idea of what could be going wrong, and how to fix it.

It may be worth trying to repair permissions on your disk in the event that one of the folders relevant to this file could have been marked as inaccessible to your user. To repair permissions simply:

• Launch Disk Utility from /Applications/Utilities
    • Select your main disk in the left side bar
    • On the right, make sure you're on the First Aid tab
    • On the right there should be a button titled 'Repair Disk Permissions'. Click that, and let it do its work.

Rick

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a screen shot of the error:
    cl.ly/YDQl/error.png

It's the one that was mention in post #1 that's why I hestitated to add it here again.

Sadly I also tried to repair the Disk Permission incl. a reboot. But the message just keeps popping up.

• Hi @patte,

I've been trying different things here to try to possibly reproduce the issue you're seeing, and so far I've had no such luck. Do you think you could get me console logs? I have a feeling that the system will be giving us more information in the logs about this error. To do so:

• Launch Console from /Applications/Utilities
    • Make sure 'All Messages' is selected in the left sidebar
    • In the search field in the top right, search for '1Password' which will filter everything to only show things relevant to 1Password
    • Notice that each row has a timestamp on the left side indicating when the event happened. Try to find the time when you would have used the autosubmit.

I'm expecting that you'll end up seeing one of these three things:

1. deny file-read-data /Users/rfillion/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt
    2. Failed to create NSUserAppleScriptTask:
    3. Failed to execute NSUserAppleScriptTask:

Or maybe another error that references either "AppleScript" or "1Password_Autosubmit". Could you copy/paste those here for me?

Thanks

Rick

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, no problem:

2014-10-25 7:16:02.881 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[320]: 500019 [EXT:0x7fe9e1dc7a40:<OP4ExtensionClient: 0x7fe9e2260620>] E pressEnterKeyWithUserApplicationScript | Failed to execute NSUserAppleScriptTask: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257 "The file “1Password_Autosubmit.scpt” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it." UserInfo=0x7fe9e2096660 {NSURL=file:///Users/patte/Library/Application%20Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Script file is not in the application scripts folder.}

• Hi @patte,

Can you do me a favor:

1. Open a Finder window and go to the Go menu > Go to Folder. Type this in the input field and then press Return: ~/Library/Application Scripts/
    2. Right-click on the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder, select Get Info
    3. Go to the Sharing and Permissions section, does your account have Read and Write permission?

If yes, can you go back up to the Application Scripts folder and repeat the process with Get Info, does your account have the Read and Write permissions on this folder?

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Mike,

I just checked and both folders have the correct permissions (as in your screen shot).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patte,

Thanks for that information. Let's give this a try next …

Please follow instructions on this page for downloading the Zip file for the Install Autosubmit installer and running it:

MAS version fails to submit filled forms

If that doesn't work open the ~/Library/Application Scripts/ folder with Finder again, like in the first step of Mike's last reply (post #10), and Trash the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder. Then rerun Install Autosubmit and see if it works this time.

If it's still giving you trouble, reopen the ~/Library/Application Scripts/ folder, check if there's a new 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder there and if that has the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt script in it or is empty.

Thanks for your help and patience with troubleshooting this. Please let us know how that goes. :)

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Mh. I did perform all the steps (installed it – deleted it – reinstall it – checked if the auto-submit script exists), but that pesky dialog box is still showing up.

I also ran all options of 1Password4Troubleshooting.app. I send a report, too (referencing this thread).

Now that I think of it: I recently switched from the Beta back to the official MAS version… maybe that has something to do with it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patte,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: SDV-81175-154

This discussion has been closed.