Add additional entries in lists and date fields

Options
StefanoGiacomelli
StefanoGiacomelli
Community Member

Hi everyone, I've checked around about this problem but it don't seems to be an addressed issue at all.

I would like to add a credit card data to my vault issued by a yet different issuer, when compared with the provided list.

How can I add a new entry in such list?

Could you otherwise add a generic entry (like "Other issuer") to the list?

Note that the field is locked and can't be removed, and even you can leave it empty, if you open the dropdown list you are forced (damned) to choose a value from the list.

Also I would like to store dates (dd/mm/yyyy, mm/yyyy, etc.) beside the other informations, since in the credit card category there are a couple of date fields (expiration and issue date) I guess how I can reuse it elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.

sg

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

For my credit cards that don't fit any of the supplied types, I just leave that field blank and put the name of the company in the issuing bank field farther down in the template. If I want something other than the generic icon, I find one on the net and drag it into the icon field during editing.

I haven't noticed being forced to choose an option after inspecting the drop down menu of type. It works for me just to click on the next field I do want to use, or click outside the menu anywhere in the record window and the drop down disappears without making any entry.

Maybe that will help? Sorry not to have an idea about your date needs. You may be able to add custom fields to the record, but I try not to do that.

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth‌
    I first thank you for your reply.
    Yes, you are right, you can leave the field empty and close the dropdown list, but I've clicked on one entry while I was trying to understand the problem :\ and I've been captured in the trap. Whenever you make a choice you can't remove the value but only change it.

Anyway I'll follow your idea to look for an icon for my card.

Thanks.

sg

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same issue, seems like a great item for a enhancement request.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Not being able to change to no entry if you have picked one that you didn't want is, indeed, a problem. It seems that the menu should be expanded to include None as an option. The workaround would be to recreate the record from scratch and delete the offending one. Not a good solution, to be sure, but one that will work.

The same kind of work around is required to delete attachments from iOS devices, until the developers find a way for deletions on the desktop to sync to iOS.

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Yet I thank you all for your collaboration, nevertheless I'm just a little bit worried about these several... micro-problems.
    I'm using 1P since very few minutes and I wonder how a so famous product could be so weak on many (secondary?) details.
    I have been using for a lot of years another wallet manager where you can customize each single field in term of name and kind of contents.
    Really hoping in enhancements.
    Bye

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StefanoGiacomelli‌

Thanks so much for the feedback here. I do apologize for the trouble you've run into with the Credit Card fields - I'll be sure to pass that information along to our developers.

If there's anything else that you feel needs a bit of polish, please do let us know - we're here to help! :)

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌
    Really not a big trouble Megan, but just enought to get worried :) . Thanks anyway.

I'm using 1P on several platform (Mac, Win and Android) and my feeling is, this moment, there are too many drifts between them.

Mac is at 5.0 while Win is at 4.1 (no smart folders and tags subsets) and Android formally was 4.x (no multiple vaults, no smart folders and no tags views).

I dare to say (no squabble at all), in my opinion Agilebits should be more explicit and clear about its plans and declare some sort of sync-points in the close future, so people can understand and organize their own business better.

I followed the birth of the last Android version and really it appears to me like a very looooooong breech birth :).
    People ask for months about the new release without true answers.
    I don't think this depicted a good image of your organization.

However, I'm on board and hope to help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StefanoGiacomelli‌

Again, your feedback here is much appreciated. I certainly won't disagree with you that there is currently a fair bit of feature discrepancy between our various versions, and believe me, we are working to reduce it as much as possible.

The struggle is that Mac (and iOS to a lesser extent) have been our primary offerings for many years, with Windows and Android being developed separately and more recently to provide greater flexibility for our users. So, because 1Password for Mac and iOS is slightly more 'mature' than 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Android, do we slow down development on Mac and iOS to allow Windows and Android to 'catch up'? Unfortunately, because the platforms are completely different, it's certainly not as simple as copying a feature's code from one app and popping it into the other (as I'm sure you can imagine), so these feature updates do require a significant amount of developer time.

We are hoping to increase the feature set of Windows and Android to include some of the cool stuff that we've already been able to implement in Mac and iOS. Again, I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along to our developers. :)

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I agree with you @Megan and is not hard to believe your mission is to enhance your best seller 1P.
    And just because there are many differences between the platform, everything have to be planned (that's my job too, since... last century) that's why, to me, the keyword is "communicate" (some next milestone).
    Bye

PS: I forgot to beg your pardon for my poor english.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StefanoGiacomelli‌

Your English is much better than I would be able to do in any other language, so there's no need at all to apologize!

Of course, communication is key - and I'll see what we can do to be more clear about the differences between versions, and how we're working to bridge the gaps as soon as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.