Wifi Syncing and iPad App

Options
Poor_Jake
Poor_Jake
Community Member

So, when I setup WiFi Syncing on the iPad, and I choose my Mac, enter my Secret, and click Sync Now. It syncs. But then I have to essentially cancel out of the entire process. All that's available to me is clicking "Wi-Fi Sync" and then "Cancel". When I go to settings its as if I'm not doing any syncing at all, and it doesn't automatically sync over wifi. Either I'm misunderstanding how this works, or the iPad App does not allow me to "set"
wifi syncing.

Help is appreciated.

Comments

• Good afternoon @Poor_Jake‌ and thanks for taking the time to write in! Wi-Fi syncing saw a big update update with 1Password 5 for iOS that brought it up to par with Dropbox and iCloud sync. If you're still using 1Password 4.5 your Wi-Fi sync experience will be very much what you describe.

1Password 5 requires iOS 8 and is a free update from 1Password 4.5. Are you running iOS 8 on your iPad? If so you should be able to open the App Store app and download the 1Password update that's waiting for you.

• SVanDee
    SVanDee
    Community Member
    Options

I don't actually see any difference in WI-Fi syncing after upgrading my iMac to Yosemite/1P5.0.1 and my iPad to IOS 8/1P5.1. When you say "up to par with Dropbox and iCloud sync", does that mean iPad/iMac sync can be automatic now too? I don't see how to get the iPad to sync except to go to 1P->Settings->Sync->Sync Now.

• @SVanDee‌ Yes, sync should automatic assuming that 1Password is open and unlocked on both your Mac and iPad. Check out our Wi-Fi Sync guide and let me know if you're seeing anything different here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/sync-wi-fi

This discussion has been closed.