Quitting 1Password does not lock the app - bug?

Options
fireproofsocks
fireproofsocks
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

After a few crashes yesterday and today, the 1Password app is no longer locking. Quitting it and re-opening leaves EVERYTHING exposed. This seems like a critical problem. I have a screencast of this occurring which I don't particularly want to post on-line, but I would very much like someone from AgileBits to contact me so this can get resolved. In that vein, a support channel on the website would be better than a forum for getting real support and avoid airing dirty laundry...

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fireproofsocks‌ By default 1Password Mini runs in the background and one of its responsibilities is looking after the timers for locking the vault. This way 1Password can be closed but your vault still open. The behaviour of 1Password Mini can be configured in Preferences : Security tab and the whole section titled Auto-lock. The third option sounds like what you're after, Lock when main window is closed.

Now if what you're saying is this is set and it isn't being observed then yeah, that sounds like an issue but I wonder if it's a misunderstanding of how 1Password Mini is assisting.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fireproofsocks‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in to us here! We'll do our best to provide you with the real support that you need. :) The benefit of public forums such as these is that if you have this question, likely many others do as well, and an answer here can help multiple people. It's not about airing dirty laundry, it's about getting solutions to multiple users as efficiently as possible.

Now, as @littlebobbytables‌ says, 1Password 5 for Mac has a handy little 'mini' that, by default is always running in your menu bar. This little guy allows you to use the browser extensions, even if the main app isn't open. If you haven't selected the option to 'Lock when main window is closed', 1Password mini will continue to respect the lock settings that you have in Preferences > Security. If you re-open the main window before your lock settings expire, 1Password will open in an unlocked state.

If you're still unsure about these settings, please take a screenshot of your security preferences (or detail the settings you have in your reply) and we'll investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.