Windows + iOS license question

I had been using Ascendo's DataVault for a few years before it decided to not work on my iphone after the upgrade to iOS 8.1. Their tech support can't seem to figure out the problem either.

So, I started looking for a new program and 1Password seemed to float to the top. I have a question on the licensing/costs involved. With DV, I have a windows copy and an ios copy that sync up and really enjoy this arrangement. To do the same with 1password, from what I understand I have to buy a 1Password for windows for the desktop and grab the ios version from the App Store.

And then if i wanted the bells and whistles that "Pro" offers, I have to buy that too. Is that correct?

And if I wanted to share vaults with my wife, i think she can use the single license under that family arrangement, and the ios basic is free. Does she also have to buy pro to share vaults and see the other advanced features?

Thanks!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmm13,

I'm happy to hear you're considering 1Password for Windows and iOS!

It sounds like your understanding of 1Password licensing is correct. 1Password is sold separately for each platform. You can purchase a license for 1Password for Windows from our web store, and share that license with your wife (that will allow you to install it on all of your Windows PCs). If you'd like to try the Windows version before purchasing a license, we have a trial available on our download site.

1Password 5 for iOS is a free download from the App Store, and offers free basic features. If you want to use the Pro Features in the iOS version, you can activate them with an In-App purchase. You would only need to purchase the Pro Features once and can unlock them in 1Password 5 on all your iOS 8 devices associated with your Apple ID. We have more information in our Pro Features FAQ.

You can read more about how our licenses work in the "License Terms" section here: https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

As for sharing vaults, if you and your wife each have separate vaults and you want to share your vault with her, she'll also need the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS. If she is signed into the App Store on her iOS device(s) with the same Apple ID you used to buy Pro Features, they should be activated for free. If you each use separate Apple IDs, she would need to make her own purchase of Pro Features.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions.

This discussion has been closed.