Synching MacBook Air with Desktop Mac

Options
Boggabri Bill
Boggabri Bill
Community Member

Just upgraded my MacBook Air to 1P Version 5.0.1 I have my DesktopMac running 5.0.1 and would like to transfer the files / synch with the desktop. When I access "Window WiFi Sync" on the MacBook, I get a secret passcode. Then when I attempt to synch with the Desktop, I get another code. What's the proper procedure to synch the MacBook with the Desktop? Both are running Yosemite 10.10

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Boggabri Bill

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. At this time, Wi-Fi sync is not available between two Macs. Our developers are constantly working to improve sync of all types (Wi-Fi included), but you might want to consider Dropbox or Folder Sync to keep you desktops synced up for now.

ref: OPM-2091

• Boggabri Bill
    Boggabri Bill
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan. Where do I find info on 'folder synch'? That's probably the way to go. I don't care for Dropbox at the moment as I have finally got ALL my Apple products lined up except 1P on the Big mac and the Baby mac. BTW, I'm 80 you and the synapses are not as quick as they were, but I'm a great 1P follower.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a good section about folder sync in the 1Password 5 for Mac User Guide.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Boggabri Bill,

While it is possible to use Folder Sync, the recommended setup would be configuring it with a local folder on each of your Macs and then using other software to keep 1Password data in those folders synced. It's a whole lot easier configuring Dropbox Sync with the local Dropbox folder and letting its software take care of network syncing the data between your Big and Baby Macs. :)

• Boggabri Bill
    Boggabri Bill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen C and sjk, I'll give the Dropbox method a go. If no go, I'll try the Folder Synch method

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Boggabri Bill

I hope that Dropbox sync works smoothly for you - a lot of us on the team here use it to keep our data synced up. It's automatic and simple to set up, as @sjk says.

If you hit any snags though, we'd be happy to help you out!

This discussion has been closed.