DropBox Syncing Error message

Options
Steve_S7
Steve_S7
Community Member

Okay, I just bought 1Password today, based on a bunch of good reviews. But I'll tell you that the trouble I've had syncing between my Mac (Mavericks 10.9.5) and my iPhone6 (iOS8) have been HORRIBLE! Nothing works! I can't sync with iCloud because Yosemite is required (that's really stupid if you ask me - requiring us to use a product that hasn't even been released yet). So I then tried syncing with Dropbox and I keep getting this error:

The Operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.) 1Password encountered a problem.

All I can do is "Dismiss".

To say I'm frustrated that I just forked pout $9.99 for the iPhone version and more money for the Mac version is an understatement.

Can someone please help? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steve_S7,

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! I sincerely apologize that your first experience with 1Password has been less than awesome. You have every right to be frustrated here.

Unfortunately, I can't do much about the iCloud situation - we built 1Password 5 for iOS's iCloud sync using Apple's latest 'CloudKit' technology to provide users with a better, stronger, faster, more reliable iCloud experience. We learned at the same time as all users that Yosemite would not be released at the same time as iOS 8. I know this does nothing to allay your frustration, but I hope this helps you understand our reasoning at least a bit. :)

Now, the Dropbox error that you are seeing is due to a disconnect on Dropbox's end. This usually resolves itself in a few minutes. Are you still seeing this error when you try now?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're all synced up and satisfied ... but we are here to help if you're still having difficulties!

• quantumconscious
    quantumconscious
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I had a similar situation. Was able to eventually sync my primary vault to Dropbox but get the same Dropbox 404 error when trying to add a second vault to my iPhone 6. I tried all the suggestions from the support staff and still cannot add vaults which is one of the reasons I bought the Pro version. I am still waiting for a solution.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue with the 404 error. Here is what happened. I recently noticed that for an unknown reason sync between devices was out of date and looking into this a bit deeper I found that only my Windows 7 PC keept syncing with Dropbox. All other devices were giving me the option to setup sync but when trying to do this I got the message that the stores would need to be merged. (GUESS: Probably the fact that they stopped syncing is related to the 404 error??). As I do not trust automated merging, I manualy changed the 1Password tresor on my Win 7 PC to contain the latest passwords. On all other devices I selected to delete the data within one password and wanted to reconnect to the store on dropbox. When doing this I was getting the 404 error on all devices. I noticed this the first time yesterday, tried a few times during the evening and this morning and it does not look like a temporary issue to me as the error persists.
    I did a reinstall of both dropbox and 1 Password on my iOS devices but the error remains.
    here is how far I am getting: Launch the new instlled instance of 1Password==> select to use an existing tresor ==> Authorize the use of 1Password within Dropbox ==> 1Password finds the Tresor (Keychain) within dropbox. Once I select the tresor I am getting the message "The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.)" I checked the access to dropbox and did also some performance tests with dropbox (storing and restoring big files on dropbox) and this is working fine on all devices.
    As other options I created a local backup on my windows system removed the 1Password data from dropbox and restored the backup on the windows system to a new tresor ondropbox, which was working fine. This new tresor is found by all other systems but the behaviour remains.

I am using 1Password on one win 7 Computer + one Win 8.1 Laptop + one iPhone with iOS 8.1 + one iPad with iOs 8.1. Every deice is running the latest version (I upgraded the Windows PC just yesterday as I thought this was part of the issue).

I would appreciate your help as I am usually very happy with 1Password. At the moment it is however not usable for me as the only system that has my data copy is on my PC at home which leaves my quite lost as I rely on very strong passwords that are quite hard to remember.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

If you are still having this issue, please send us a diagnostic report from each of your devices:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.