1Password mini new login not added to 1Password app [moved to email]

Options
lscline
lscline
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I'm running 4.4.3. New logins added via 1Password mini are not showing up in the 1Password app (and thus, not being saved to the keychain file and not syncing to my other devices. Is there a way to force the update in the 1Password app to get the new login from 1Password mini?

I'm using Chrome and on OSX 10.9

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do the new logins by any chance show in the 1P Passwords category?

Stephen

• Hi @lscline‌ ,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. I suspect that @Stephen_C might have guessed it. I know I've personally made that mistake more than a few times.

I think it might help if I explained the relationship between the 1Password app and the mini though. Interestingly enough, 1Password mini is actually the brains of the operation. Upon launch of the 1Password app, it launches the mini if needed, and the main app asks the mini for every bit of information you see there. It's the mini's responsibility to save the data to disk, and also to sync. The main app is simply a better view into the mini.

In the event that Stephen and I guessed wrong, and it's not an issue of having saved the logins under Passwords instead of Logins, the next thing I would advise checking is to make sure that you've got a single version of 1Password installed on your Mac. A simple search in Spotlight for 1Password should turn up additional copies if they exist. Having multiple versions installed can cause some issues.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• lscline
    lscline
    Community Member
    Options

The new logins are in the Logins category. I am not even sure how I would save a new login to the incorrect category when using the browser plugin. Seems that they are always saved in Logins when added that way.

And there are no other versions of 1Password installed on my machine (save for the Windows one, which is installed in my Parallels virtual machine; it also shows up in Spotlight, but is not involved in this issue, I believe.

I was able to force the new login to show up in the app, by adding a (fake) new login in the app, whereupon the fake login showed up in the mini, and the real new login showed up in the app (and then I deleted the dummy login).

So I've solved this instance of the problem. If it occurs again, I'll follow up.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lscline,

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now, thanks for letting us know! I'm sorry if we misunderstood your initial description of the problem. If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• dfogh
    dfogh
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to be having a similar problem just from the 1password app to the mini.

I am using
    1Password
    Version 5.0 (500019)
    Mac App Store

OSX 10.10

Things I update in the Big app is not changing in the Mini. Stared logins are also not the same.

Just a second ago I tried to open the Big app from the Mini menu and the located the login that I knew I changed, and then I opened the menu in Mini and scrolled down to see if the password had been updated, and now it was. But it was changed 2 hours ago and the correct password first showed in the Mini app now. Favourite's still not the same.

You mention that things actually happens in the Mini app and the Big is just a front. But somehow it seems like they are running from a different database. By the way I sync via iCloud.

• Hi @dfogh,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• dfogh
    dfogh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP

I have sent the diagnostics report.

Thx for great app

David

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfogh,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: LAD-98321-299

This discussion has been closed.