New iPhone Syncing question

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi.

I have a new iPhone 6 ,
Syncing to / with an iMac OS X 1Password 5 ver via iCloud.

When Syncing my iPhone via iCloud for the first time , it synced FROM OLDER Backup data and not from the latest one ( AS in the OS X ).

(some Merge popup massege was display in my iPhone earlier )

The iPhone's 1P data isn't up to date .

Tried to delete FROM IPhone's iCloud and re Sync but without successes .

I have in my iMac 1P VER 5.0 .

Thanks for any reply .

Comments

• Good morning @ronen and thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with iCloud syncing in 1Password. I'd like to try a full reset of the sync system to make sure that you've got the latest data in iCloud.

1. First things first, let's make sure that you've got iCloud drive enabled on both your Mac and iPhone. On your Mac you can find the iCloud Drive setting in System Preferences > iCloud. On your iPhone it's located in Settings.app > iCloud.
    2. Once you've verified that iCloud Drive is enabled on your Mac and iPhone please disable syncing in 1Password. In 1Password for Mac you can find the sync preferences by clicking on the 1Password menu item on the far left and then choosing Preferences.... Click on the Sync tab, click the Change Syncing... button, and then disable your current sync.
    3. Within 1Password on your iPhone tap on Settings > Sync > Sync Service > Disable Sync.
    4. Still within 1Password, go to Settings > Advanced on your iPhone, scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on the Erase iCloud Data button. In the resulting popup confirm that you want to Reset iCloud Data.
    5. Staying on the Advanced settings screen tap on Erase Data and Settings and confirm that you want to do so. 1Password will quit once this step is completed.
    6. Restart/reboot both your Mac and iPhone.
    7. Within 1Password for Mac setup iCloud syncing again on the 1Password Preferences > Sync screen.
    8. Launch 1Password on your iPhone and proceed through the iCloud setup by tapping Sync existing vault from the first setup card.

I know it's a lot of steps, but at the end your data should be completely up to date between your Mac and your iPhone. Let me know how this works, and if there's anything else I can do to help out.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hello MrRooni

Thanks for your reply.

Ill follow your instruction and report every step when not able to proceed .

In your reply , Paragraph 2 :

"click the Change Syncing... button, and then disable your current sync."

Can't find the Change button .

I continue to start syncing and these popups windows appear

At the end i did not sync and pressed Cancel in all these pop up windows and return to beginning .

Please advise according to these pop up messages what to do next ?

Thanks.

Vault password doesn't acceptable

And why date 1970 ?

PS

Why 1Password MINI Appear in OS X Version and not 1Password (Without Mini )?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

ps

Can't edit now my post , SO

please ignore my above reply as now everything is ok ( Except 2 different Master Passwords )

One in my iMac and one in my iOS (iPhone ) device .
    A describe in your reply , Paragraph** 8 **

It seems that when I Launched 1Password on my iPhone and proceed through the iCloud setup by tapping Sync existing vault from the first setup card, I needed to fill me previous MasterPassword to continue ....

So how can I make the same Master Password in all my devices ?

I prefer changing my MasterPassword to all my devices - how can I ?

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ronen‌

Once you've got sync all set up please try changing the Master Password from 1Password > Settings > Security > Change Master Password

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    Where to change?
    In my OS X ver or iOS ?
    Also, is it possible to change to earlier
    Master password? And almost the same as now?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2014
    Options

Those instructions are for iOS. If you need to make the change on your Mac the setting is in 1Password > Preferences > Security > Change Master Password.

Also, is it possible to change to earlier Master password? And almost the same as now?

I don't understand these questions. Could you please rephrase/elaborate?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

I really nead your reply as I'm 1passwordless :)
    Well
    1 can I use the same master password as I had before the present one ?
    2 can I use the almost same master password ?
    Meaning : if it : 1abcdef2 to abcdef ( without 1 and 2 ) ?

• Ben
    Options

@ronen‌

There are no restrictions on what you set your Master Password to. It can be whatever you want.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.