FR: Account Lists in Server Items

Options
tmb
tmb
Community Member

When adding items of type Database or Server, you get a template with several fields to fill in. These fields are simple key / value fields where the value can be of type Text (display clear) or type Password (display hidden). When managing things like servers or more precisely Services running on them you would rather need a list / table of accounts for that particular service. The value of such an account list would be of two column: Username and Password, both copyable and the password hidden. The key could be the name of the service like "PostgreSQL"
This would ease the management of Server items a lot. Currently we use Secure Notes to describe them with their properties, services and their accounts but these are all displayed in clear text incl. passwords.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tmb,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're interested in something like this! Within the Server category, you should see a blank 'Section' below the default details. You can use this section to add as many custom fields as you need. These fields can be customized to be listed as text or password, so that you can conceal what needs to be hidden. These fields will be copyable, the same way the default fields are.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

• tmb
    tmb
    Community Member
    Options

sure, I've tried out these custom fields. But they are just simple single key/value pairs. In case you have 10 Users defined for a Service, you would need to add 20 Fields with Keys like PostgreSQL1User, PostgreSQL1Password, PostgreSQL2User, PostgreSQL2Password, ... this really doesn't work out. I'd love to see a two-dimensional Multi-Value Field, where I can set a Key to "PostgreSQL" and the value would be a list of username/password (and maybe comment) fields, a table.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tmb,

Thanks so much for clarifying! I'll let our developers know. :)

This discussion has been closed.