problem with both 1Password desktop (version 5) and iOS (current version) - failing to enter userid

Options
GEM
GEM
Community Member

For both the iOS and desktop (mac) 1Password versions - the application fails to enter the username though after skipping that field it properly enters the password. The app seems to go into the username field but does not enter anything, then goes to the next (password) field and does enter the correct information. Have sent in two tickets (the first was acknowledged - usual - we'll get to it, nothing since, the second nothing).

As of now 1Password is useful as a repository but little else until this gets fixed.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GEM,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Do you mean that 1Password fills the password field but not the username field? If that's the case, does it happen with all your 1Password Logins or just some of them?

The problem may be caused by the website changing its login forms since you saved your Login in 1Password, therefore 1Password cannot properly fill. To fix this issue you need to manually save your login once again.

Please let me know if the helps.

Cheers!

Rad

• GEM
    GEM
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the reply - the problem exists across both iOS and mac app. And, yes, reentering the information (by me) and then saving that fixed the issue - though it was correct in 1Password before (i.e., the new saved entry, so far as I can tell, was identical to the new one - but in any case, your suggestion lead to the fix that works. much appreciated...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GEM,

I'm glad to hear that manually saving a Login got things working for you! I know it sounds a bit odd, especially since your username and password didn't change, but as Rad mentions above, sometimes websites make changes to their Login forms (often small changes to the code that a regular visitor to the site will never see) that confuses 1Password. Saving a new Login using the web-browser allows 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill.

Those steps are handy to keep around, as that's our first step in troubleshooting whenever 1Password fails to fill.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.