Yosemite no 1Password in iCloud

Options
mvgossman
mvgossman
Community Member

Newbie, signed up on iPad first, then installed app from App Store, select "I've used 1Password Before", says "iCloud not enabled on this Mac" but it certainly is but going to iCloud see no evidence of 1Password as being there. In face, no "Data and Documents" present there at all as it is on the iPad.

What now, am I supposed to sign up for ICloud Drive to access it now? Or should I have created the account first on the Mac/Yosemite? I could try that but then I would have two colliding accounts out there on iCloud I would think.

Comments

• Hi @mvgossman‌,

I'm sorry to hear that the transition wasn't as smooth as it should have been. Currently, 1Password/Mac + iCloud Sync requires iCloud Drive to be enabled in order to function correctly. iCloud Drive is free (up to a certain size limit) for users, so the only reason I can think of to not enable it on a Mac is because you may have older devices (iOS7, OS X 10.9) that you still want to sync documents with. If that's the case, then Dropbox sync would likely be your best bet as a syncing solution.

In theory the worlds shouldn't collide too much if you create the vault manually on the Mac, but certainly things would be smoother if you let 1Password create your primary vault from the iCloud backup.

I hope that clears things up. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Rick

• mvgossman
    mvgossman
    Community Member
    Options

Rick I want to thank you for the advice. I thought iCloud Drive had a cost even at the low storage end but I confirmed that it is free. I sure may have missed it but check to see if your online documentation says that the iCloud Drive component of Apple's iCloud specifically has to be turned on when switching to Yosemite if you want iCloud sync to work. Thanks again...

By the way, I held back on using 1Password because I thought that Apple's Keychain/iCloud was the be-all end-all, but then I heard even an Apple guy during the recent iPad "Apple Event" mention 1Password specifically which I found shocking, and then learned what version 5 has to offer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mvgossman‌

I'm so glad to hear that Rick was able to help get you sorted out!

And thanks so much for giving 1Password a try - it's awesome to hear that our little debut on stage there helped convince you. :)

I hope 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.