Move data from iAccounts to 1Password?

Options
neilc
neilc
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hil all,

I'm a new user of 1Password and really like it. My wife is now making the move to a Mac and likes the look of the app and wants to get it.

However...!

She currently uses an app called iAccounts (which I think is an iOS app), to store/update all of her passwords and logins.

So, is there a way to import her stuff into 1Password from iAccounts, or will she have to start all over again and enter everything manually? :neutral_face:

Thanks.

[Edit] - Just to add, she'll be getting the 1Password app for her iPhone & iPad and the Mac app, so hopefully the info can be imported/exported via iOS, which will then be used by her Mac?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @neilc‌ I've taken a quick peek at the manual for venticento studio's iAccounts app. It would seem just via the interface to that app that you can't easily export from iAccounts to 1Password however they do offer a free companion app called iBackup. That application (Windows and OS X it seems as it runs on Java) will download a copy of the password database from iAccounts and then you can export to a comma delimited file (CSV) from there. That file, as long as it's created properly, will be something 1Password should be able to read. So it's not a simple one-step solution I'm afraid but they do seem to have a way to copy all your passwords into a application agnostic format which bodes well.

• Hi @neilc,

@littlebobbytables‌'s recommendation seems to me to be the way to go. iAccount -> iBackup -> CSV -> 1Password. I hope this works out for you. Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Rick

• neilc
    neilc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks both, I'll run it by the boss and see what happens!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @neilc,

I've got my fingers crossed that all goes well, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• neilc
    neilc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @‌ I'll keep you posted.

This discussion has been closed.