Forgot my PIN - how do I reset it?

Options
sparker101
sparker101
Community Member

I know my Master Password, but have forgotten my PIN. How do I reset it? I've gone into the Security Menu on 1PiOS but it will only let me change my Master Password, which I don't want to do, but not the PIN. Can someone please help me?
Thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You have to reset the PIN on your iDevice: it's not done from within 1Password. Go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode on your iDevice. (It may just say "Passcode" if you don't have Touch ID on the device.) However, it might be a little tricky for you because you have to enter your PIN before you can reset it. :)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Just to be clear: there are two different PIN codes which could be in question here... The device PIN and the 1Password PIN. 1Password can have a PIN if the device is not Touch ID enabled.

Please let us know which you need assistance with. If it is the device password, @Stephen_C is spot on. If it is the 1Password PIN, please launch 1Password and if asked for the PIN select cancel if available or enter it incorrectly. This will cause 1P to prompt for your Master Password instead. Once logged in you can change your PIN under Settings > Security > Change PIN

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.