Feedback on web form details and restore backup

Options
mattsch
mattsch
Community Member

Hello,

the following happened to me and I think there could be an improvement for user experience (I am using 1Password 4.4.3 on OSX 10.9.5):

The names of the input fields for username and password on a website changed so that filling in did not work anymore. Instead of changing those names I wanted to delete them and see if 1Password could update it with the newest ones. I deleted them, and I was actually wondering if it would delete the actual entries for username and password but those fields did not change, after saving I realized that they were gone. I then tried to access my backup to get back the password, but from my understanding it is not possible to just restore single logins.

For working with web form details and backup I therefore have the following feature requests/ideas:

• Allow to update the names of the web form entries to match other ones on the website (e.g., in case the website was updated and those names changed)
  • When deleting the web form entries, warn the user that this will also delete the corresponding (linked)/actual entries
  • Allow to restore single items from a backup instead of having to restore the complete one

Comments

• Hi @mattsch,

If I'm understanding correctly what you're trying to do, I think it's possible. While in Edit mode for an Login entry, and you click 'show web form details', it should allow you to edit the names of the fields by clicking on the label on the left. Here's a screenshot of me doing it here:

I love the idea of warning the user that deleting the web form entry will delete the linked general field. Restoring a single item from a backup would also be a really really nice feature to have.

Cheers.

Rick

• mattsch
    mattsch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rickfillion‌,

thanks for your response. Yes, I know about that. Not sure why I didn't do it that way :)
    However, I am pretty sure that not everyone knows how to get the correct name from the input field on a website, so it could be nice to offer this to the user (the ability to update these names).

I love the idea of warning the user that deleting the web form entry will delete the linked general field. Restoring a single item from a backup would also be a really really nice feature to have.

Thanks! Would you be able to put that in the feature requests internally?

Cheers,
    Matthias

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Matthias ( @mattsch ),

Thanks so much for the feedback here! Rick is one of the developers on our Mac team, so consider your feature request filed with the 'people in charge'. :)

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.