Feature Request: View Items Currently Being Edited [Under consideration]

Options
Sinsear
Sinsear
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Is there a way to view items that are currently being edited? For example, if you were in the middle of editing something, but leave that item, it saves the temporary changes you've made, but you have to find the item again and click "Resume Editing"; otherwise, the changes are not actually saved. I would like to see all of the items that I'm currently editing, so that I may return to them to commit the changes.

Thanks.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Sinsear,

Thanks for asking about this. It isn't currently possible to list or search for items with Resume Editing status in the 1Password interface. I see how this could be useful, especially in vaults with larger numbers of items, and have opened a request for it.

• ACDCHNL
    ACDCHNL
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem. Using a smart folder I have the option of finding a "conflicts" field. However, I don't have the option of finding a "resume edit" field. For some reason I'm finding a lot of my files with "Resume" Editing on them. To locate them I have to look at every entry. There has to be an easier method. I also don't like the idea that I have no warning that a file has not been fully edited. It seems to me I should bet a warning box anytime I leave and unsaved edit. I can see why "resume" editing was added when something crashes, but if I fail to hit the "save" button I feel I should be warned or be able to daily search for these unsaved edits.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @ACDCHNL‌! I’ll let our developers know that you’re interested in this. :)

• marksmeritt
    marksmeritt
    Community Member
    Options

For posterity I'll raise my hand in support of this feature request. I was surprised to look at an item today and see that changes I'd thought I'd made weren't there, and then I realized it said "Resume Editing" at the bottom, and when I clicked it, there were my changes, but not yet saved. I hadn't even realized that the app had left that item still editing. The ability to search for items in this state would be a great feature.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marksmeritt,

Thanks for your ✋ supportive interest in this feature, which I've added to the request in our tracker. :)

• Tony Martinez
    Tony Martinez
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

+1 on the ability to see open edit items. I have nearly 500 password entries, and because of my workflow I sometimes neglect to "save" the changes, since there is no longer a dialog popup when I switch to another entry. it becomes problematic as unsaved edits don't replicate to my other 1Password devices (e.g. iPad). this forces me to go down the line of 500 passwords to discover which ones aren't saved. Annoying, and time consuming.

One thought - perhaps annotate the item that is being edited by putting a symbol (pencil?) by the name in the list.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tony Martinez

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! I've passed your feedback along to our developers.

ref: OPM-1661

This discussion has been closed.