bought 1P through App store but also need to use on Win. Do I buy again for win as I have no serial?

Jayenne Montana
Jayenne Montana
Community Member

I have bought the 1P app via app store but need to use/sync passwords fro m my work Windows PC too. I my question is... will I need to buy a fresh pc version (because the App Store doesn't have License numbers per se)

or is there a means by which 1Password can find/identify that I am a genuine owner of the mac app and thus register itself?

...i'd be a little cheesed off to buy twice.

thanks,
Jayenne

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jayenne Montana

1Password is a separate purchase per platform, so your Mac license will allow you to install 1Password on as many Macs as you use (and with Apple's new family sharing plan you can install on your family's computers as well!), but the Windows version will be a separate purchase.

We certainly don't want to make you pay full price for a Windows license though - that's no fun! Please send your Mac App Store receipt in to support+forum@agilebits.com (and remind us that you're looking for a Windows license) and we'll create a coupon for an extra discount in our webstore.

I hope this makes you less cheesed, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! ;)

• Jayenne Montana
    Jayenne Montana
    Community Member

many thanks Megan - I shall gladly take you up on your kind offer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jayenne Montana

Always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.