Feature suggestion: save a browser choice to use with particular logins

Options
Roaming_Bob
Roaming_Bob
Community Member

Being on my Mac, my default browser is Safari, but there are those websites that have "difficult" interactions with Safari. While I would love it if Safari worked well everywhere, for these minority of cases I have to then switch to either Firefox or Chrome.
Would it be possible to save a particular browser preference with a login credential, so the "open and fill" option would go to this saved preference rather than the default browser preference? And absent a specification, the action would use the default.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afraid that's not something that 1P can do currently...although others have also expressed a wish for the feature.

Stephen

• Hi @Roaming_Bob‌,

That's a neat feature idea. We'll definitely keep it in mind.

Cheers.

Rick

• Roaming_Bob
    Roaming_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I knew it is not something that 1P can do presently. I just hope that the discussion of such a possible feature will get it to the attention of the developers. Is there a better place to put some suggestions? The "Contact Us" links under help indicated that the best place for communications is the forums.

• Hi @Roaming_Bob‌,

This is exactly how we'd like to see feature requests. This way others can chime in and also comment to say that they too would find such a feature handy (which gives us a better idea if whether it'd be useful to a large number of people).

Thank you for taking the time to request that feature.

Rick

• auntietut
    auntietut
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue as Roaming_Bob. Would love to see this feature in 1P for Mac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @auntietut‌

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! :)

This discussion has been closed.