1Password 5 (500019) working on conflicts

Options
Yogie
Yogie
Community Member

Hi,

as I do have my Sync-Folder on a NAS shared drive stored, from time to time 1Password is loosing the setting to the location where to sync to. When ever I reconnect to that location I have to merge both databases, while doing this there are always conflicts in my items.

Within 1Password 5 now, when working on the conflicts folder and the contained item, 1Password jumps into the section where the item belongs like for example Logins and is still displaying the just changed item. With 1Password 4 you would be redirected to the next item that is in the conflicts folder. Can we please have this behavior back?

I checked also if the behavior has been changed while working on any other folder like bad passwords etc. but here we still have the "old" behavior, when changing an item in that folder and due to the change the item does not longer meet the criteria (like bad password, short password etc.) 1Password jumps to the next entry to work on. This makes sense and offers a quick approach to work on identified issues.

So please check the 1Password 5 behavior when working on the conflicts folder. Previously I was able to remove the conflicts within just a minute, but now the time quintuples!

Cheers and many thanks for considering!
Joerg

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Yogie,

As I do have my Sync-Folder on a NAS shared drive stored, from time to time 1Password is loosing the setting to the location where to sync to.

Did you get a prompt from 1Password about the sync issue? If you press Ignore and mount the drive, wait a few minutes for 1Password to get notified by OS X, and that should automatically resume the sync with the folder on the NAS.

If you press Fix, it will disable the sync right away and won’t resume the sync, meaning you have to re-enable it manually.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you’ve done, so I can figure out where we can improve on this.

When ever I reconnect to that location I have to merge both databases, while doing this there are always conflicts in my items.

When you saw the merge dialog, did it tell you the percentage of the differences between both vaults?

Also, do you have other 1Password apps syncing to the same NAS drive and if yes, can you give me the details as what version of 1Password and OS X platforms are syncing to it.

Within 1Password 5 now, when working on the conflicts folder and the contained item, 1Password jumps into the section where the item belongs like for example Logins and is still displaying the just changed item

I’m not able to reproduce this in 1Password 5. Does it happen in all vaults or do you only have one vault? Can you do me a favor and try this:

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Create new demo vault if you haven’t created one yet
    2. Switch to the demo vault and create a new smart folder, configure it to search for the “test” tag, and save it.
    3. Create at least two new Login items, give it a “test” tag, and save them.
    4. Now, select that smart folder you created in step 2, and delete the second item, did 1Password select the first item afterward?

So please check the 1Password 5 behavior when working on the conflicts folder.

The conflicts folder is a smart folder you’ve created manually, it is not a built-in folder for 1Password. So, there's something glitchy about the smart folders in generally in 1Password that we need to figure out here.

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hello @MikeT‌,

I did press indeed Fix and will follow your instructions next time and rather press Ignore at the prompt.

Mhmh I didn't saw or recognized that 1Password is showing the percentage of differences between the vaults!? BTW the conflicts that occur are mainly within the webforms details.

All other devices (another iMac and a MacBook) do sync with the vault on the NAS (all devices do have the exact same 1Password version installed).

I followed your instructions and created a demo vault. Created a smart folder for tags, I added the tag to multiple items, I clicked on the smart folder to get the items listed. I manually edited one of the Software License items that had the tag and removed the tag. As soon as I hit the save button. 1Password takes me to the Software License folder still displaying the entry that I just have saved. I would expect to get the next entry displayed that is in the smart folder!

Cheers
    Joerg

• Hi @Yogie,

Mhmh I didn't saw or recognized that 1Password is showing the percentage of differences between the vaults!? BTW the conflicts that occur are mainly within the webforms details.

It'd show up in red bolded text in both sides, so we can help you decide if it is the right vault to merge into. However, I just tried to reproduce this by selecting an entirely different vault and it no longer shows it. We may have removed it recently. Let me follow up with our team to make sure this isn't a bug.

BTW the conflicts that occur are mainly within the webforms details.

That's very weird. Just to be clear, the conflicts, how different were they or were they duplicates?

All other devices (another iMac and a MacBook) do sync with the vault on the NAS (all devices do have the exact same 1Password version installed).

Ok, we seem to be getting something more specific about the problem here. The question now becomes, what's so different about this one that it is not consistent with the other Macs beside the obvious issue here.

I would expect to get the next entry displayed that is in the smart folder!

So do I. It looks like the problem is intermittent. When I tested this yesterday, it selected the next item but then I just tried again following your specific steps using the software license items, and I can reproduce it. I've filed a bug report for you.

Bug ID #: OPM-2533

This discussion has been closed.