1password mini

Options
Helen Fogel Phillips
Helen Fogel Phillips
Community Member

Every time I launch 1Password, I get this notice: The system launched an incorrect version of 1Passport mini. Instead of /Applications/1Password5app/Contents/Loginitems, it stated /Downloads/1Password5app/Contents/Library/Loginitems. Please make sure you have only one copy of 1Password on your Mac. I just installed Yosemite and 1Password 5. As far as I know, I don't have v4 on the computer, at least not in my apps folder. Where else might something be lingering. The program runs fine but it's annoying to have this message every time I open the program.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

It looks like you have a copy of 1Password 5 in your downloads folder. Please remove it from the folder and place it in the trash. Only one version should be on your system. That being the one in the Applications folder.

If you do not have a copy in the applications folder then move it from the Downloads folder to the Applications folder and restart.

• Hi @Helen Fogel Phillips‌,

Thightower hit it on the nail, you have an extra copy of 1Password 5 in your Downloads folder that Yosemite is opening instead of the one in the Applications folder. In the error message itself, it shows you where the second copy is coming from.

First, check your Applications folder, make sure there is 1Password 5.app in there. If yes, then go to your Downloads folder and delete the 1Password 5.app file in there.

If you have an app cleaning tool, please do not allow it to clean up after the file you just moved to the Trash folder. Open your Trash folder and make sure only the 1Password 5.app file is in there and nothing else related to 1Password is in there. Once you're sure, empty the trash, and reboot your Mac. You should be all good to go now.

This discussion has been closed.