Brand new user, hopefully basic questions

Options
engler519
engler519
Community Member

I just installed 1Password and set up my master password on my Mac. Before I go crazy, I have a couple questions that I didn't see obvious answers to after a quick search.

1. If I use 1Password to come up with a secure password for a site like Amazon, that I don't have to remember, how do I access my Amazon account on a computer that I don't have 1Password installed on? For example, I'm at a friend or family members computer, go to the Amazon website and can't log in to my account because I have no idea what my password is anymore.

2. If I use 1Password to change my Netflix password, how do I change the login info on my AppleTv or Roku?

I assume there is a way to do this, I just would like to find out how before I need to.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@engler519‌

1. You would use something like an iOS app, Android etc to carry the password with you. Alternately you can use 1PasswordAnywhere

2. That depends on the App and how they store login authentication details. But I would assume yes.

• engler519
    engler519
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so for question 1 (and 2 I guess), if I have the 1Password app on my phone, I can display the 1Password created password for Amazon and just manually enter it into the Amazon login on whatever computer I'm at?

• Hi @engler519‌,

Yes, that's actually the most secure method you can use, which is to manually type in the password you see from your smartphone or tablet. You might want to read my post here as to why you should be cautious about using 1PasswordAnywhere on untrusted computers: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/154706/#Comment_154706

This discussion has been closed.