1Password Web store license - iCloud Sync

Options
Petr Šabrňák
Petr Šabrňák
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello,
I purchased at 30. 7. 2014 in your Web Store license for 1Password. It is order  number 9208936 for name Petr Sabrnak.
It is family license for 5 people and license for Mac and Windows.
I always used that with iCloud, but now I upgraded to OS X Yosemite and also updated to latest 1Password - but I can’t sync with my iCloud Drive.
I using that on my all Apple devices and on Windows with my family. I really need use iCloud Drive, because I don’t want use Dropbox because of security risks and WiFi sync is not acceptable for me.

I bought product with iCloud sync and I really want to continue to use with this sync service.

I can see on your FAQ this:
https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/switching-to-mas

But I really spend a lot of money for iOS devices and this license and I will not pay for something, that I already have.

Thank you for your answer and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Petr Sabrnak

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Petr Šabrňák,

I found your email in our system and noticed another member of our team just replied to you. If you haven't already done so, please check your inbox for that. Thanks! :)

• Petr Šabrňák
    Petr Šabrňák
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I found it, thank you.

• You're welcome! :)

• NYCPhotoGuy
    NYCPhotoGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I am having a similar issue regarding my 5-user Mac and Windows license for 1Password with I bought from your web store.

Mr. Petr Sabrnak above already explained the exact same issue I am now having:

"It is family license for 5 people and license for Mac and Windows. I always used that with iCloud, but now I upgraded to OS X Yosemite and also updated to latest 1Password - but I can’t sync with my iCloud Drive. I using that on my all Apple devices and on Windows with my family. I really need use iCloud Drive, because I don’t want use Dropbox because of security risks and WiFi sync is not acceptable for me."

"I bought product with iCloud sync and I really want to continue to use with this sync service."

I sent an email to support 7 days ago but never heard back? The automatically generated email support ID is [#IAP-78831-144].

Regards,

-Michael

• NYCPhotoGuy
    NYCPhotoGuy
    Community Member
    Options

PS - Mr. Sabrnak, would you mind telling me how AgileBits resolved your issue? I really appreciate it, thanks!

Regards,

-Michael

• @NYCPhotoGuy‌, I found your ticket and someone will be in touch soon!

Just a quick note for both you and Petr, iCloud sync has never been available for the Windows version. The option there has always been Dropbox. iCloud Drive on Windows is not the exact same as what the Mac has, as the Windows version of iCloud Drive does not include CloudKit, which is the sync technology we are using. For now, on Windows, Dropbox is still the only way to sync with a Mac version of 1Password.

ref: IAP-78831-144

• NYCPhotoGuy
    NYCPhotoGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent point!

In my case I only use 1Password on Mac OS X (which syncs with my iOS devices), even though technically I could install it on Windows.

Thanks,

-Michael

• chrisdj
    edited October 2014
    Options

You're welcome, Michael ( @NYCPhotoGuy‌ )!

• pwpphoto
    pwpphoto
    Community Member
    Options

I sent a request almost 2 weeks ago and still no response. I have the same issue everyone else has I have the web store version and need the mac store version for iCloud sync. I submitted a second request today.

• jdashca
    jdashca
    Community Member
    Options

So what's the answer? Like Petr I've been buying/using the web store version since Jan 2009, and now I'm simply "out of luck"? Do I really need to re-purchase something I've bought many times already? What is the answer?

John

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @danco‌,

I apologize -- I had to remove your post from this thread as it contained information that is not entirely accurate. We cannot refund purchases from the Mac App Store. Thanks!

For everyone else,

Please see Dave's post here for the latest information on this subject:

In short: if you want to use 1Password with iCloud, you need to have purchased from the Mac App Store. If you had already purchased from our store within the last 30 days, please email us and we will refund that purchase for you. We offer syncing via Dropbox and WiFi if purchasing from the Mac App Store is not an option for you.

Thanks!

• sharkb8
    sharkb8
    Community Member
    Options

"Please do not post the same message in duplicate threads?!" Are you seriously kidding? First you are requiring some of your long-term customers, who have been loyal since Day One, to pay TWICE for the same product if it is to be full-featured, and now you're going to get snotty about people raising perfectly understandable objections? What happened to you guys?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sharkb8‌

Posting the same message in multiple threads doesn't help anyone.

• sharkb8
    sharkb8
    Community Member
    Options

<<Posting the same message in multiple threads doesn't help anyone.>> Actually, I think it might. All I'm doing is accurately stating what agile bits is choosing to do, and asking if its customers are as angry about it as I (and, obviously, a lot of others) are about it If Agile Bits has a problem with that, well, that says a lot. Look, Mr. Woodruff, I LOVE 1Password, I have since the beginning, I can't wait for my new iPhone 6 to come, I bought it as much as anything for the Touch ID to be used with 1Password. And now I find out that because I tossed coin a long time ago, about whether I bought the app from you or from Apple, and because that coin flip came up tails instead of heads, I am being asked to buy it all over again. You KNOW that's wrong. And yes I know it's "not your fault", but "it's not my fault" is the cry of the 8-year-old. I owned a small business for years and had to constantly make concessions for things that were "not my fault", it's called the price of doing business. Is this really and truly a hill you guys are willing to die on?

• SaraMinisterOfMagic
    edited October 2014
    Options

<< Posting the same message in multiple threads, as my answer to you sharkb8 is the same >>

Thanks for writing back to us sharkb8. I love that you think our software is that great - we appreciate that! Unfortunately, the Mac App Store has limitations, and the ability to transfer licenses from a non-Mac App Store purchase to Apple's App store does not exist. As you already know, we have been going through each persons request individually, and our team has already found your license and refunded your order, so that you can purchase directly from the Mac App Store to re-enable iCloud sync. We are trying to do what's best for our customers, and our small support team is working around the clock trying to reach everyone.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi, @bwoodruff‌

No problem with your removing my comment as it was inaccurate.

However, I feel this was because AgileBits have changed their policy again. You had previously indicated(after a deluge of criticism) that you would ensure that everyone who needed iCloud sync would not be out of pocket, that you would find some way of doing it, and it seems that you have gone back on this. I appreciate that the options open to you to solve the problem involve a significant loss of money to you, but I still think you have to find a way round it.

I am fortunate in that a long time ago, when I already had 1PW3 from the Webstore, I also bought 1PW3 from the App Store, because of a free upgrade promised to 1PW4. And then I moved from the App Store version of 1PW4 to the web store version. So I can now use whichever I prefer. So I can stand back a little, and see both why many users are angry and that things are harder for you to put right than many posters will accept.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danco,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here. You're right, we have had to change our policy slightly here, and we really do apologize to all users who have been impacted by it.

I hope that Dave's post (that Ben has linked to above) helps to explain the reasoning behind this change.

• NYCPhotoGuy
    NYCPhotoGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Why hasn't my order been refunded -- actually, why hasn't my ticket even been addressed?

I submitted my ticket 10 days ago: why have I not received a reply? I emailed you on October 27th (my support ID is #IAP-78831-144) -- yet I STILL haven't received a response.

I then posted in this very thread (see above) on the 27th and "chrisdj" wrote "I found your ticket and someone will be in touch soon!". I still have heard nothing from you guys.

I work in IT, and I have recommended 1Password to numerous clients, a recommendation I am hoping I won't regret. Not supporting iCloud makes 1Password an unviable option for both me and my clients. Where is my refund so that I can buy more 2 more expensive licenses from the Apple Store -- yes, I will actually be spending more money: I would be happy to make my purchases and forward you the receipts first to prove it prior to receiving a refund. This seems like a reasonable request for someone who enthusiastically recommends your product, .

You make a fine product, but this transition to iCloud is essential at this point. Please advise.

Thanks,

-Michael

• rob
    Options

Hi, Michael. I apologize for the delay, I've just responded to your support request. // @NYCPhotoGuy‌

This discussion has been closed.