Clicking to select in search field instead drags the main window [Known issue, working on a fix]

Options
jason2014
jason2014
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

It appears that if you put in text in the search and try to select it with the mouse it drags the window around as if the search box was part of the window chrome. Very annoying and thought I would tell someone so it could get fixed on the next round of updates. I am running yosemite with the latest 1password from the app store. If anyone else can verify chime in! Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @jason2014,

Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? Are you seeing this in the 1Password mini window? The main app? I tried both here and was able to select the text, as seen in this screenshot:

Sounds like something that we should fix if this is within our app, any help to reproduce this problem here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

• jason2014
    jason2014
    Community Member
    Options

The search part I am talking about is in the desktop application not the mini window. If you see the search bar place some text in there and try to select it . Most of the time it just drags the window around. Once in awhile I can get it to select text. I have a movie of me doing it, but the forum only seems to allow pictures. Let me know if you can see this. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jason2014,

Thanks so much for confirming that for us. I didn't notice this because I usually use the keyboard to select text, but you're right, if I try to select the text with the mouse, it does end up moving the main window. I took a look in our internal issue tracker, and it looks like our developers are already aware of this and are working to get it fixed! I've added the details from your post to the issue.

Thanks for your patience as we work to squash this bug!

ref: OPM-2218

• jason2014
    jason2014
    Community Member
    Options

Yay! I am glad I could help :)

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

I'm glad to see you're happy about this. :smiley: We do have the best customers!

Thanks for being so understanding as we'll get this fixed.

• chaoskcw
    chaoskcw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Using the 1Password 5 for mac, and found an annoying new feature. The search box does not fill the whole space allocated to it, only as much text as you have type, which means you often get into window move mode when using the mouse to click in the search box and select text to replace it.. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I am aware you could use keyboard shortcuts like cmd+a etc... but I this would require retraining myself :-)

• Hi @chaoskcw,

I've merged your post into this thread as it is related to the same bug. This is a known bug that we're working on resolving as soon as possible. It shouldn't be draggable anywhere inside the search field.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

This discussion has been closed.