Installing 1Password on Opera [Resolved, ensure Opera is up-to-date]

Options
abhdlh
abhdlh
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I have not been able to install extension on Opera. No problem with Safari,Firefox & Chrome. Any ideas on settings or work around

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@abhdlh‌

I just gave it a go and had trouble with the Opera version from the Mac App Store. I removed it and downloaded the app directly from the Opera site, with no issues and tried to installed the 1Password extension again. This time no issue's.

Not sure where the problem arises with the versions as I am just a user like yourself.

Might this be your issue ?

• abhdlh
    abhdlh
    Community Member
    Options

So you uninstalled 1 password, reinstalled from Opera and then could install extension? I have not had a problem with other browsers and Opera will not download the extension. If not too much trouble could you clarify this?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@abhdlh‌

No

1. Simply uninstall the version of Opera from the Mac App Store

2. Installed the version from the opera website. Re tried to install the extension w/ success.

• At no time was any change made to the 1Password app.

I am editing my post above to better replay that. Thanks for the catch.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@abhdlh‌, can you tell me what version of Opera you're using? You can find out by going to the Opera Menu > About Opera.

Opera is severely outdated at the Mac App Store and should be removed. It's last updated back in April 2013, with the version set at 12.15. The latest Opera version at their website is Opera 25. Opera started using Chromium's engine in Opera 15 and our 1Password extension for Opera is based on the Chromium APIs.

In addition, when you install 1Password extension for Opera, Opera will automatically disable it for security reasons as it is not from their extensions store. You have to manually go to their Extensions manager (enter opera://extensions in the address bar) and install it again to enable it. That should get you going with 1Password.

• abhdlh
    abhdlh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow up. Hightower got me there, i uninstalled Opera, reinstalled from their website and all went well

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abhdlh‌

I'm so glad to hear that @thightower‌ was able to get things are working smoothly for you!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.