Feature Request: Auto Fill 2 Step Verification field (this is possible)

Options
jesseali
jesseali
Community Member

I am NOT asking for 2 step authentication on 1password.
I am asking to have 1password know, and automatically fill
in the 2 step authentication code.

There are already desktop apps that can "know" the 2 step authentication password for google and dropbox 2 factor auth.
A good example is the GAuth Athenticator: https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/gauth-authenticator/

If a desktop app can know the correct code, then 1password, should also be able to know the correct code, and fill it in for us.

I am by no means suggesting it would be "easy" to code. Just "possible"

that way we don't have to manually type it in every time. It would be almost as much a time saver as the awesome
finger print verification on iphone.

would love love love to have this happen and save my extra typing all the time.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've certainly thought about adding a TOTP generator, but we don't normally discuss future plans. On the one hand, we like to keep things as simple as possible, without loads of features that are used only by a few people. But as TOTP becomes more widely deployed, integration into 1Password could be a natural thing.

I'm guessing that everyone reading this is familiar with TOTP, but for those who aren't, we described it in gory detail here:

Doing the two-step until the end of time

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• lixrxyy
    lixrxyy
    Community Member
    Options

Second this request. The reason 1password works for me is because the way it can auto fill the password and login without manual steps. Now I have to manually copy password and parse for login a system is enabled "multi factor authentication"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lixrxyy‌

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! :)

This discussion has been closed.