I can only access my 1password.agilekeychain from 1 computer. Why? How can I fix this?

Options
Jon Crowell
Jon Crowell
Community Member

Ok, so I changed the password for 1Password from one of my 2 MacBooks. For some reason the other MacBook is still able to operate normally using the old password. Then I forgot the new password completely. So now I can only access 1Password from my other MacBook. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on the one I screwed up on, but it still wants the password that I have forgotten. How can I get them both to use the same password that I am still able to use from the MacBook where everything is working?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'll call the Mac where you can access 1P "the working Mac" and the other one "the problem Mac". One solution would be to:

1. Use folder sync on the working Mac to create a keychain on the Desktop (or in some folder you can remember).
    2. Transfer the keychain file from the working Mac to the problem Mac.
      3.Then start over on the problem Mac. When you re-start 1P point it to the location of the keychain file on the problem Mac and it will import your data (which should then work with the password you used on the working Mac).

You didn't say whether you used 1P5 or 1P4. I've linked to instructions for 1P5 but the procedure is in essence the same for both versions. If you have further problems please post again.

(Sorry about the formatting between points 2 and 3: the forum software is not playing nicely.)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jon Crowell‌ How did you get along with Stephen_C's suggestion? Are you up and running on both machines?

One thing I'd say is if you want to keep your two macs constantly in sync you can replace the Folder Sync with either iCloud or Dropbox and follow the instructions for starting over. At the end your machines would remain synchronised using that service. If you're already syncing the two machines it might be worth saying so before you start.

This discussion has been closed.