Dropbox Still Trying To Sync

Options
ray@mercator.ca
ray@mercator.ca
Community Member

I switched to syncing via iCloud, but Dropbox still is attempting to do a sync with a 1Password file. I opened dropbox through the web and deleted the 1Password folder, but that did not stop this action by Dropbox. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ray,

When you switched from Dropbox sync to iCloud sync in Preferences > Sync did you delete your data from Dropbox?

Can you please give us more details about the steps you took to switch from Dropbox to iCloud sync? This way we can better assist you.

Cheers,

Rad

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ray@mercator.ca Do you have more than one vault? Each vault is synced separately from the others so if you did have a secondary vault that might explain what you're seeing? At the moment secondary vaults can only be synchronised Dropbox, iCloud is only an option for your primary.

Now if you don't have a secondary vault is it possible you haven't switched all machines and devices over to Dropbox? If one of them is still trying to sync via that method that could also explain issues.

If neither helps explain what you're seeing could you report back with the precise error message you're seeing please, see if that helps shed light on your issue.

This discussion has been closed.