Master Password not accepted when syncing with Wi-Fi

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Master Password reported incorrect when syncing!!.

Comments

• UnkleJD
    UnkleJD
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 6 - iOS 8.1 (issue since 8.0)
    1Password v. 5.1.1 (all versions up to)

MacOS 10.9.5, Firewall OFF
    1Password 4 for Mac v.4.4.3

Both devices have been restarted several times. I have never been able to sync since upgrading my iPhone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone.
    I have regenerated the Secret phrase.

When I try to Sync Existing Vault, I am asked to enter my Master Password on my Mac. When I do it just asks me to enter the password again (as if it is wrong) which it is not. I have even changed my Master Password to be sure.

Here is the interesting part, if I enter my User PW (Admin lv) it always causes 1Password on iOS to Crash.

So, I have been forced to restore my iPhone with a backup from my iPhone 4S and am forced to use my outdated prior version of 1Password with a few outdated PWs. Importing/updating the library from the old version of 1Password the the latest, then trying to sync still had the same exact results.

I’m not willing to update my key system off of Maverick just yet(to sync via iCloud), and shouldn’t have to as a solution.

Please Help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UnkleJD‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting everything synced up! I've split your comment into a separate post since the original thread dealt with iCloud sync, and your solution might be difference, since you're using Wi-Fi sync.

We've heard of a few users reporting a similar problem and it was discovered that they had used some special characters in their Master Password. We generally recommend using only ASCII characters in your Master Password. Do you have anything fancy in yours currently?

This discussion has been closed.