Possible Feature Request: Touch ID w/ Additional Key Code of some sort

Options
carin
carin
Community Member

Based on a new ruling out of a circuit court in Virginia I'd like to see if it would be possible to add a feature to have 1Password for iOS check the master password (or at least some sort of PIN) on a semi-regular basis (maybe an hour timeout or something).

I just bring this up because based on the ruling: huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/apple-touch-id-ruling_n_6083920.html it would seem that at least theoretically they could have access to all of the passwords stored in 1Password based on just the use of Touch ID.

Comments

• Srv02
    Srv02
    Community Member
    Options

A GREAT add-on would also be a real PIN and a fake PIN. If you're forced to open the password stack, just enter the false PIN and reveal some of your less important passwords.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carin, if the Touch ID option is enabled in 1Password, it will still ask for your Master Password after restarting the device, or after using the Lock Now option in the Security settings of 1Password. If you'd like it to ask for your Master Password more frequently (such as after an hour), you might want to disable the Touch ID option.

@Srv02, that's a very interesting idea! I can't make any promises, but I'll certainly send that along to our developers. Thanks!

• Srv02
    Srv02
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG Like Truecrypt with its hidden container.

• Ben
    Options

Plausible deniability. Thanks for the feedback. :)

• Srv02
    Srv02
    Community Member
    Options

And suddenly there's a light bulb shining over the AB office. :p

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.